What do well to do Dominicanos look for in Dominicanas

Manuel832

Dec 12, 2008
Hi,

This is an extension from my last question on this forum.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/87354-social-class-dating.html

I realised the question I was asking was abit vague so i wanted to ask the question from another angle. What do the well to do dominicans look for in dominicanas? obviously they like women within their own class but what else do they look for and what other purpose do these women have except sitting in the house all day or running up expensive bills on shopping sprees. Thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
breeding is important.
yes, i know it sounds harsh but that's the way it is.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hi,

This is an extension from my last question on this forum.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/87354-social-class-dating.html

I realised the question I was asking was abit vague so i wanted to ask the question from another angle. What do the well to do dominicans look for in dominicanas? obviously they like women within their own class but what else do they look for and what other purpose do these women have except sitting in the house all day or running up expensive bills on shopping sprees. Thanks

Just ask the same question to a well-to-do american or european who is educated and from a respected family. What do you think he will say? This is exactly how educated dominicans from respected background would say. Nothing is different here.
Lets just say, the women they date are also from similar backgrounds. these women don't have vulgar puta tattoos, they don't have super long vagabunda nails or fake penciled eye brows or talk in trashy fashion. These women act, talk and dress elegantly. they usually have university degrees from PUCMM. They can hold a conversation with you. can eat any food besides yuca and boiled bananas. They speak in a very sweet tone. These are the women who work in banks and other businesses and make good salary. When they are in restaurants, they take their own credit cards out to pay their bills.
But why do you worry about them? if you don't know what these well to do dominicans look for in women, then I guess you have no clue what these women actually look like in this country.
Why do you ask?
AZB

Last edited by a moderator:

Manuel832

Dec 12, 2008
Response to replies

Hi amigos,

Sorry I didn't manage to send a reply in time. For some unknown reason I couldn't get internet access until now. Again my sincere apology as I am sure there are many of you waiting for my reply. What I will do is dissect each post and reply to each quote.

First reply to AZB's question.
But why do you worry about them? if you don't know what these well to do dominicans look for in women, then I guess you have no clue what these women actually look like in this country.
Why do you ask?
Well I have read through the archives and through alot of peoples post particularly people like yourselves that live on the island and know what is going on. I do know of people here in Henley that have been to the DR as tourist but they don't go through nearly enough detail and MOST (but not all) seem to see the DR as a sex paradise or a mongering ground which is what I want to avoid at all cost. I want the Amelia (or Emilia) Vega type. she looks nice, nice skin, nice height etc etc. I am not in to the "Ghetto booty" kind of thing, so to speak. Not that I have anything against that type of woman I just have a different preference. I realize that dominicanos from good families or wealthier families are not that different from us Europeans even though technically anyone well traveled in the EU will notice values vary from Northern to Southern Europe. For e.g. Northern European countries like Germany or Denmark or Britain generally are not as family oriented or domesticated. Whilst in Southern European in places like Spain, Italy or perhaps Greece the are more domesticated and more geared towards family esp Italians. Of course there are exceptions to each individual.

Now I have seen Dominicans here in EU esp in Spain. It was very brief but I have met some and befriended some. One in particular friend of mine is Manuel (notice my handle. I used he's name). He is from POP and a really nice guy but his answer is to just go to POP and hang out in Sosua. Now judging by post on the board SS is not the place to go for the more serious guy looking for the kind of woman I described above. Perhaps SDomingo or Santiago would be better choices for their classier type.

Anyway to answer your question. yes I would like to be the gringo that doesn't go for the types that MOST gringos go for. I do however not want to go out with a woman just because she looks good. what else do these women offer apart from looking like Amelia. Yeah she may be educated which is nice but what else. Is she domesticated, which to me is very important? does she know how to act in public? is she comfortable around other people etc. There is no point going after a woman just because she looks nice. I know on the board guys like to talk about "models" and yes I am you AZB have seen many of them. But what else do they offer you apart from looks. Thanks again AZB for the reply and I will look forward to your next reply.

To DQ2U2
Pop down to the bottom of page 57 in this book excerpt if you care to.

Culture and customs of the Dominican ... - Google Book Search

Thanks and that is an interesting read. I am going to even buy the book. :)

Manuel

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
To answer manual's questions, here is my reply.
From my experience, dominicans who are living in foreign countries for many years are the worst people to ask for advice and information on their own country. many dominicans move to foreign countries because they were having difficulty making a good life back home. This means, many dominican expats are actually coming from poor barrios in DR. No wonder they come back here to party in carwashes and go ape crazy in krisspy and anthony santos concerts. just look at who fills up Omega's concerts in europe?
So if you will ask them for info on DR, you will directly end up in ghettos of this island.
Here is the real deal:
the dominican girls in general, rich or poor, educated or illiterate are generally well domesticated than your european and north american counterparts. these women are designed perfectly to match a guy, to complement their pair. these women don't come up to you like NA women and tell you on your face that they are better than a man. on the other hand, dominican woman is proud to expose her feminine side, takes pride in taking care of her body and dresses to impress anyone. they take pride in being with their male partner and make sure he is well taken care of everyday and every way. These women will maintain their bodies and stay fit to permanently fix the attention of their partners. They try to cook and even feed you with pride. She will iron your shirts and wash your clothes. No more washing dishes or cleaning the house with your wife. No 50-50 deal here. Women don't expect you to be in kitchen, although they like a man who can cook.
These women are not simply barbies in front of a mirror, their external beauty is just the tip of the iceberg.
Now the question comes to mind: how do you get to meet them?
This is the hard part if you do not speak good spanish or if you do not live here. So if you want a head start, hit Welcome to Badoo! – Main and please do not find chopas there. You will know who is who just by seeing their photos. Do not settle for the first one who promises to sleep with you when you come here. take it easy, meet lots of women and then decide which one is for you in the end. Most gringos who come here, marry the first one who sleeps with them.
So take it easy, learn to speak good spanish. Forget about your friend manual if all he has to say is, go to sosua and puerto plata to get laid. he is not your friend or at least he has no clue about the society circle of this island.
start making your trips here and then you will have a much better idea of what you really want out of this island.
Do look into colombia, many amelia vega types there who are also very smart and elegant.
Good luck.
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
now seriously - according to miesposo (rich middle class family) the most important factor is education. even if the girl comes form lower middle class but has great education with prospects for a good job she would make good wife material.
number two is looks. absolutely no tattoos (yes, miesposo knows that in europe/america tattoos are nothing but in DR only women with tattoos are lowest class).
number three is general conduct, how caring the girl is, how close her family ties are.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
This is the hard part if you do not speak good spanish or if you do not live here. So if you want a head start, hit Welcome to Badoo! – Main and please do not find chopas there. You will know who is who just by seeing their photos.

AZB, do you give your actual birthdate?

Be honest..................

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Manuel832-no one can walk you through this. This is something you'll have to experience on your own.

Just leave the preconceptions at home and socialize in places you feel comfortable at and the rest should fall into place.

I once dated a "chica fina" and got to see her when things didn't go quite so well. We got caught in a rainstorm and it was as if she had been swallowed up by an earthquake.

He painted, salon-styled hair and make-up got ruined and she did not stop crying(yes, tears and complaints and bawling) all the way to the car. It did not stop all the way to her house and into the evening.

The rest of the night she spent whining about her looks, and what a disaster the day was because she had just gotten her hair done and now its' a mess.

She never ate anything all day. She was on this anorexia kick because she wanted to look like a fashion model from a magazine. Do you know how uncomfortable it is going out to eat with someone who is sitting there and won't make conversation because she has nothing to say? All she did was check her voicemail every 5 seconds to see who left her a message.

She was what you would call a "chica plastica" if you are familiar with the song.

There were no outdoor activities during the day because she wanted to avoid the sun. Forget about the beach. She would take hours to get ready and wouldn't leave the house if she suffered a broken nail or a hair was out of place. Her life revolved around being seen at the nice places in town with her friends and gossiping about which guy was cute and who was sleeping with whom. She would literally spend all day getting ready to hang out at night.

I'm not saying all the upper-class chicas are all like that, I just wanted to point out the pitfalls of dating a princess. It may not be to your liking.

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
One continuous theme on DR1 is about the "rich and powerful" Dominicans, what they do, how they think, why they seem to be aloof, etc. Many comments smack of class envy and resentment.

Seems to me that the "rich and powerful" Dominicans are pretty much the same as their counterparts in the US, Canada, Europe and South America. They tend to keep within their own group and marry within that group. Just like the US and elsewhere.

The truly "rich and powerful" are the result of generations of wealth, investment and earnings. They got...and kept...their money by being smart, even at the expense of looking cold. They got their influence garnered over years, not just a favor here and there. They have generations of experience in having people "befriend" them simply because of their wealth and influence, and the numerous efforts for their "friends" in other social/economic strata to separate them from that $$$ and influence. Just like rich and powerful across the globe.

They have offspring brought up in that knowledge, and educated in the importance of maintaining the GOOD in the family name, to never sully it, and to preserve the wealth.

They all have learned the downside to letting their guard down, so they don't. They may very well be cordial to folks outside the class, but the chances of penetrating into their "group" is pretty much null. Just like their counterparts elsewhere. Think Kennedy. Think Royal Family. Think Rockefeller, Mellon, etc.

But do not confuse these folks with the newly wealthy, because they are NOT like the "nuveau riche". The NR still have roots in the lower classes, and it shows: fancy cars, houses, expensive habits, etc. Flashy. Sometimes trashy. Spending money like water, showing off, impressing folks. The "rich and powerful" really don't. That new Range Rover flying down the autopista at 85mph is not a member of the "rich and powerful"; they don't behave that way. New wealth? prolly. Old money? No. No need to behave that way, there is little at stake for them to act in such a risky manner. They aren't the ones in the cabana's, drinking in the bars, chasing women, driving wild, wearing the bling, etc.

That is why Old Money doesn't mingle deeply with New Money. And that is why the offspring of Old Money won't hang with tourists and ex-pats. There is nothing in it for them.

Just like anywhere else in the world.

Yes, there are those 5%ers, the occasional black sheep of a family, that one can point as examples of variance with the opinion and observations I offer. But that doesn't change the truth of the other 95%.

Manuel832

Dec 12, 2008
2nd Response...

Hello board members,

Sorry again for the delay in reply. It's not my fault it's the broadband. Apparently the whole area has it.

Thanks to everyone that replied to my questions.

First reply is to AZB's post

To answer manual's questions, here is my reply.
From my experience, dominicans who are living in foreign countries for many years are the worst people to ask for advice and information on their own country. many dominicans move to foreign countries because they were having difficulty making a good life back home. This means, many dominican expats are actually coming from poor barrios in DR. No wonder they come back here to party in carwashes and go ape crazy in krisspy and anthony santos concerts. just look at who fills up Omega's concerts in europe?
So if you will ask them for info on DR, you will directly end up in ghettos of this island.
I kind of figured that out the moment he mentioned carwashes. Then I rejected that idea as I wanted to hang out in the more "classy" areas. Not so much richer or where the upper class hang out but where classy people go. There are rich people that don't have an ounce of class whilst a working class person can have real class.

Here is the real deal:
the dominican girls in general, rich or poor, educated or illiterate are generally well domesticated than your european and north american counterparts. these women are designed perfectly to match a guy, to complement their pair. these women don't come up to you like NA women and tell you on your face that they are better than a man. on the other hand, dominican woman is proud to expose her feminine side, takes pride in taking care of her body and dresses to impress anyone. they take pride in being with their male partner and make sure he is well taken care of everyday and every way. These women will maintain their bodies and stay fit to permanently fix the attention of their partners. They try to cook and even feed you with pride. She will iron your shirts and wash your clothes. No more washing dishes or cleaning the house with your wife. No 50-50 deal here. Women don't expect you to be in kitchen, although they like a man who can cook.
These women are not simply barbies in front of a mirror, their external beauty is just the tip of the iceberg
I guess that is the good news :)
This is the hard part if you do not speak good spanish or if you do not live here. So if you want a head start, hit Welcome to Badoo! ? Main and please do not find chopas there. You will know who is who just by seeing their photos. Do not settle for the first one who promises to sleep with you when you come here. take it easy, meet lots of women and then decide which one is for you in the end. Most gringos who come here, marry the first one who sleeps with them.
I am not the kind of guy that likes to meet women online as in my experience most of them are not serious and/or are looking for stupid foreigners to send western unions to them. I prefer to go there and test the waters. You can't learn to swim on dry land, you must just into the water. all the same though you are right that a wise man shouldn't settle for the first ones he meets online. Thanks AZB for your reply.

To Berzin

Manuel832-no one can walk you through this. This is something you'll have to experience on your own.

Just leave the preconceptions at home and socialize in places you feel comfortable at and the rest should fall into place.
agreed. and I plan to take many trips there if I like it.

She was what you would call a "chica plastica" if you are familiar with the song.
never heard of it but please fill me in. :)

I'm not saying all the upper-class chicas are all like that, I just wanted to point out the pitfalls of dating a princess. It may not be to your liking.
Also true. I have dated a "princess" before myself. You probably wouldn't believe me as you haven't met me. However I have dated or had brief flings rich girls and they can get on ones nerves. Thanks for reply

To cobraboy's post. Yes I agree with majority of posts. Thanks for reply.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am not the kind of guy that likes to meet women online as in my experience most of them are not serious and/or are looking for stupid foreigners to send western unions to them. I prefer to go there and test the waters. You can't learn to swim on dry land, you must just into the water. all the same though you are right that a wise man shouldn't settle for the first ones he meets online. Thanks AZB for your reply.

You can't be more wrong. You have been surfing the wrong pages example latinasinlove.com or cupid (something).com etc. These premium pages are all about ghetto rats, hookers, ex-hookers, part-time hookers or simply desperate poor women who need a visa out.
I am not talking about these types of pages. I am talking about free webpages to meet real people. Women who are bored at work or university girls who are doing homework while searching info on the net and also playing through these webpages to kill time or to meet someone interesting. You would be surprised what you will find there.
Welcome to Badoo! – Main and tagged. com are 2 pages alone that will give you more options and choices among girls than you will actually need. Now for a change, learn from my experience.
You are planning on doing what every other tom, dick and harry does. Scan the bars and clubs of this country in hopes of finding your 1/2 orange. Totally wrong idea. meet the real dominican girls on real social webpages who are not in discos getting drunk.
Now if you insist that you had nothing but bad experiences through webpages, I can imagine what you were looking at. You were following the paths of any other love-stricken-sick puppy foreigner who hits the internet to find love. Internet is the best way of meeting women in latin countries.
AZB

IslandPrincess

Jun 16, 2008
Where to start?

Here is the real deal:
These women are not simply barbies in front of a mirror, their external beauty is just the tip of the iceberg.
AZB

Wow wow wow...so many things offensive in this I don't even know where to start to take it apart. Your North American woman comments MUST be based upon your own personal experiences because all the things you are saying here are just "Stereo-types". As a North American Woman I can honestly say It's offensive that men on here are saying we are not feminine or don't cook and clean. I cook every day and serve my man at home and always have. His food is ready and waiting on the table when he returns from work. I don't do this because I have to...I do it because I enjoy it and I enjoy making my man happy. Cleaning, we do hire someone for that as it's more than affordable in this country, and as a good man, he would never want his delicate lady (me) to dirty her hands. I too get my hair and nails done every two weeks, dress to impress and keep myself fit and tone, again not for him, but for myself because it's important to take pride in one's self, although I am sure he appreciates it. I take care of my man in every way while still being his equal in intelligent conversation. We don't do 50/50 in the house either. We each give 100% of what we have to offer. I am proud to be a feminine woman with zero interest in trying to put down a man as inferior (I will however call them out when he's done or said something stupid as in this post). We are all (male & female) blessed with different qualities and unless you are a feminist in North America (which is less than 25% of NA Females) you wouldn't be saying anything different. This isn't a fight to say who's better North American or Carribean, but Don't put down an entire continent of beautiful confident feminine compassionate women because you got a few bad ones. And as for the 'Princess'....This is what most Dominican men with class strive for.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Manual what is it that you are looking for? Are you after someone to hopefully spend your life with or someone to play with?

For years now I've heard how well to do Dominicans have to be properly introduced, will never spend the night in a hotel with her lover/boyfriend, so now all these decent well do to Dominicans are to be found on websites for anyone to have a go at? Give me a break. I would think that would bring shame to a well to do Dominican to have their daughter advertising herself.

If you've after sex and only sex you can find that anywhere. Leave the decent girls alone. Sex with a beautiful uneducated girl is no differrent than an educated one unless you're going to parade her around to your friends. So decide what it is you are after first.

If you're a decent guy looking for more than just getting laid you need to spend time in the DR, networking, getting to know people. No one is going to introduce you to their daughter, cousin, friends if you're a well known playboy. You know what I'm saying? ;)

Good luck

Reactions: Ezequiel

Manuel832

Dec 12, 2008
reply to islandpricess

Wow wow wow...so many things offensive in this I don't even know where to start to take it apart. Your North American woman comments MUST be based upon your own personal experiences because all the things you are saying here are just "Stereo-types". As a North American Woman I can honestly say It's offensive that men on here are saying we are not feminine or don't cook and clean. I cook every day and serve my man at home and always have. His food is ready and waiting on the table when he returns from work. I don't do this because I have to...I do it because I enjoy it and I enjoy making my man happy. Cleaning, we do hire someone for that as it's more than affordable in this country, and as a good man, he would never want his delicate lady (me) to dirty her hands. I too get my hair and nails done every two weeks, dress to impress and keep myself fit and tone, again not for him, but for myself because it's important to take pride in one's self, although I am sure he appreciates it. I take care of my man in every way while still being his equal in intelligent conversation. We don't do 50/50 in the house either. We each give 100% of what we have to offer. I am proud to be a feminine woman with zero interest in trying to put down a man as inferior (I will however call them out when he's done or said something stupid as in this post). We are all (male & female) blessed with different qualities and unless you are a feminist in North America (which is less than 25% of NA Females) you wouldn't be saying anything different. This isn't a fight to say who's better North American or Carribean, but Don't put down an entire continent of beautiful confident feminine compassionate women because you got a few bad ones. And as for the 'Princess'....This is what most Dominican men with class strive for.

Hi Island princess,

Thanks for the reply. I can sense the venom in your post from just looking at the screen. I agree somewhat with some of your post that NA and certain countries like Britain and perhaps Germany, babes do take abit of criticism at times. I think mainly because they are the ones mostly in the media burning bra and doing all sorts of things, which frankly one will never or rarely see in places like DR. I also think at times the whole "NA girls are bitches" can be taken a tad bit too far. Although generally speaking if we compare 2 nations like say mexico and US we would see a vast difference in the way the culture and way the female population act. This is generally speaking of course. I have dated NA and EU women for a long time and yes some of ladies that I met or shall I was bless enough to meet were quite classy. Esp the Euro ladies from places like France and Italy. And most of them were content to act feminine enough as long as you had a pair between your legs and didn't let them push you around. i.e. showed an ounce of confidence.

Perhaps its just easier to be manly in DR than in places like the US.

would you agree with that?

PS where is your picture?

Manuel832

Dec 12, 2008
reply to anna

Manual what is it that you are looking for? Are you after someone to hopefully spend your life with or someone to play with?

For years now I've heard how well to do Dominicans have to be properly introduced, will never spend the night in a hotel with her lover/boyfriend, so now all these decent well do to Dominicans are to be found on websites for anyone to have a go at? Give me a break. I would think that would bring shame to a well to do Dominican to have their daughter advertising herself.

If you've after sex and only sex you can find that anywhere. Leave the decent girls alone. Sex with a beautiful uneducated girl is no differrent than an educated one unless you're going to parade her around to your friends. So decide what it is you are after first.

If you're a decent guy looking for more than just getting laid you need to spend time in the DR, networking, getting to know people. No one is going to introduce you to their daughter, cousin, friends if you're a well known playboy. You know what I'm saying? ;)

Good luck

Yes I am looking for a decent girlfriend/wife type and no I am not just looking for sex or to screw around. I am even quite content to just date and have no sex till the girl is ready. It's just my nature and the way we were brought up.

I don't think I have much choice but to spend time in the DR as right now we have a potential investment project there. So I expect hopefully if the deal falls through and they send me there I will get ample time to meet a few peolpe. There is no dodging the DR if the deal falls through.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You guys are too funny. Women are women and only some cultural differences and education differentiate a poor girl from a rich one whether in North America, Europe, or Latin America. There are rich, cultured, and educated women that love to cook, and there are poor ones that can't boil water, and then heir's my wife. She can cook very well, but absolutely hates to, same with sewing....etc. Cleaning though, she has never found a maid that cleans well enough for her, and will get down a scrub without an issue. I often clean the floors or wipe an area and she tells me you don't know how to clean. Cest La Vive.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
God bless you. Now only if majority of NA women think like you, we wouldn't have so many NA men married to so many dominican women.
AZB