Call from Haiti.......re Immigration Canada

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
Good News!! After not hearing anything since I was approved to sponsor in June 08, the embassy called for my husband to drop off his passport at the embassy in Santo Domingo on Monday, they are ready to issue the visa, without any interview.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That's great congrats.

So that's 9 months since you were approved as sponsor. Wishing you the best.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
It seems easy for Haitians to get visas for the UK and thus Europe generally.
I know of 4 people this year who have applied for Haitian friends to visit and in each case there was no interview - just a simple "Yes -no worries".

I think this is great but should be extended to Dominicans and everyone else for that matter.

In my opinion we would benefit greatly from some Spanish Caribbean culture in our country.

Sometimes I get fed up with the UK being arrogant on the world scene - acting like a superpower rather than the little island that we are.
It looks like they are doing the right thing for a change and this must be applauded.

Nice one Queenie!!:bunny:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It seems easy for Haitians to get visas for the UK and thus Europe generally.
I know of 4 people this year who have applied for Haitian friends to visit and in each case there was no interview - just a simple "Yes -no worries".

I think this is great but should be extended to Dominicans and everyone else for that matter.

In my opinion we would benefit greatly from some Spanish Caribbean culture in our country.

Sometimes I get fed up with the UK being arrogant on the world scene - acting like a superpower rather than the little island that we are.
It looks like they are doing the right thing for a change and this must be applauded.

Nice one Queenie!!:bunny:

This has to do with the Canadian Embassy which is located in Haiti. ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Santos when did the application go into process? I'm working on something

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Anna, the website says oct 27

I'm trying to understand if one would count from the date you were accepted as a sponsor or the date it goes into process. I've looked at everyone's completed and uncompleted timelines and there seems to be a huge gap if the application gets caught during summer/holidays or maybe they work on applications for Dominicans on certain months.

So after many hours of studying it all I've come to this conclusion...I have no clue :eek:

Let us know when he picks up his visa

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
Anna,

I have reviewed the same as well......and all i can say for certain is that we can chart all we want...i still do not think we will see the trend or pattern :)

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Didn't see the Canada bit - oops!
Canada rocks too!!
Do they not have an embassy in Dominican Republic. They should if they do not....

Johana

May 24, 2006
Santos,

that's exciting news!!!!! Congratulations and all the best to your beautiful family :)

todiscover

May 17, 2007
This is so awesome!!! Plus, now you dont have to worry about running out of formula much longer.

Lots of action happening in the last two weeks.
Fingers crossed, all our men will be here soon.

I'm so excited!

todiscover

May 17, 2007
Visa , dropping off of passport

Like Santos, my husband also got a call on Friday to drop off his passport today. Hopefully, we will have the visa within 4 weeks.

My timeline to date is:

married -Aug 29,2008
sent in forms -Sep 27, 2008
Approved -Oct 31, 2008
Status to in process in Haiti -Dec 1, 2008
Drop off passport phone call- March 6th
Appt. to drop off passport - March 9th

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
Like Santos, my husband also got a call on Friday to drop off his passport today. Hopefully, we will have the visa within 4 weeks.

My timeline to date is:

married -Aug 29,2008
sent in forms -Sep 27, 2008
Approved -Oct 31, 2008
Status to in process in Haiti -Dec 1, 2008
Drop off passport phone call- March 6th
Appt. to drop off passport - March 9th

Is there a reason why you think you got it so quickly ?????

todiscover

May 17, 2007
bjnissa,
i wish i could give you an insight that would explain it but unfortunately i can not.
I have prayed alot lately, not for the process to go quickly, but for my future and happiness to be in God's hands. Apparently, that worked:)

Other than that, all i can say is that our relationship is genuine and took great care in filling out the forms and ensuring we followed all the instructions. As for extra's all i can say is i get my marriage certificate registered in canada by the Dominican Consulate here.

Everything else was the standard stuff such as photos, postcards/letters, phone bills, vacation invoices etc....and not a large quantity either although i have visited him 8 times since we met.

I am just very grateful and feel very blessed!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi Santos!

Excellent news! WOW!

To AnnaC: I've done what you've been doing with the completed timelines and unfortunately our conclusions are the same!