Costambar advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmundo

Apr 5, 2007
I am new to DR1 and have been trying to find some current info about Costambar.

Can anyone recommend a hotel or apartment to stay in for 1-2 weeks? I'm thinking of coming near the end of July into early August.

I haven't been able to find much info so far.

Any help would be appreciated!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Costambar is upside down at the moment, the roads are in a right mess (and that is saying something), I don't know what they are doing. Prices in Costambar will be very high for short term accom. Best go into Pto plata and find a reasonable place for alot less. This is my opinion after searching for a while for new accom in the area. You can visit Costambar and they have an agent that will sort you out for around $350-400 per month long term but I reckon you might double it for short term arrangements.
The local ad rag has a website you might want to visit, you will find something, just depends where you want to be after you see the roads in and out of Costambar.

I'm sure someone will come along and correct my correct information, seems the nature of the beasts here!!

Henry03

Nov 11, 2002
Reactions: FernieBee

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I retract anything I have ever said on this forum, I can see it is not worth the hassle to share my exploits and I know shall vanish into thin air.....pooooooff, there I go!!

HUG:

I every thread where a question is asked your will get many opinions and answers.
DR1 allows you to edit your own threads.

If you feel it is a hassle to post a response so be it, if you would like your posts removed just ask, they can be deleted very easily by the moderators.

charlie&ziggy

Mar 1, 2009
Try Condo Lisa, they r about 400 a week, don't know about slower times, very clean and well maintained. i have been staying there off and on for 7-8 yrs. every time I come to DR. i can find u contacct info if u r interseted. Can anyone let me know if Spikes Bar is still open, I am on my way back again in April. Thanx Charlie

Henry03

Nov 11, 2002
spikes bar

Yes, Spikes bar is still open and serving three meals a day. I am not sure if it still has the same name, but it appears to be doing well.
H

charlie&ziggy

Mar 1, 2009
That sounds Fantastic, by chance do you know if Lindsay is stil runnin it? Is there any chance of finding out or contact info. I know the website is down. Thanx for any Help. A very eager Charlie.
Maybe I could buy you a drink when i get in for your help.;)

belmundo

Apr 5, 2007
Thank you for the help. . .i am going to look into Condo Lisa and L'Oase and go from there.

Looking forward to visiting the DR again. It's been almost a year and I miss it!

charlie&ziggy

Mar 1, 2009
Ok, thanx for the info, then I will stop in and see u too when i get in in april. ?R the 2 scottsman still around, bob and dan?. Look forward to stoppin in see ya later.

belmundo

Apr 5, 2007
BTW. . . I have tried using Google for Hotel Condo Lisa but nothing much out there. Any contact info?

thanks!

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
Condo Lisa

Belmondo, I sent you a personnal message on how to get in touch with someone at Condo Lisa. I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.