Some questions after Canadian visa approval

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
My Friends

Almost there....embassy called today passport will be ready in a week or so...wow only 16 months for 2 professionals with no children that are close in age...jjajaj....Details to follow

I have avoided posting for I found the process very draining and did not want to bum everyone out. I am lucky that I have alot of time off so I am with my wife every month and a half for a few weeks.

Thanks for the support thus far and I will post the completed timeline when my wife is in Canada.

Has anyone booked any cheap flights lately?
How long until she can fly through the USA....ie Jet Blue

FM

Johana

May 24, 2006
FM,

I read the other post first....congratulations!!!! I am so happy for both of you!!!! It has been such a long wait and you have been through so much!!!

Have you checked westjet for flights? They've been having some seat sales recently. To fly through the US she would need an In transit visa....a whole other process.

Wishing you and your wife a lifetime of joy and happiness!!!!!! :)

Jo
T

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
Thanks Jo

Hows your fella getting on?
How long would it take for my wife to be allowed in the states for she has family there?
How do i go about doing that paperwork?

fm

Johana

May 24, 2006
Hey FM,

my husband is doing well even though it's tough finding work right now. He's comfortable getting around on guaguas (he can't seem to call them buses lol), he's used to the winter, he has some dominican friends and is very happy that the World Baseball Classic is being broadcast here :)

We haven't tried for a US visa (it's a long story)...but I just google US Vistor Visa and found a page with an application. He has talked to a couple of friends here and they got a US VV after being here about 3 months.

The weather has been better the last couple of days (and was +16 on Friday) - so hopefully it won't be too bad for your wife when she gets here :)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My Friends

Almost there....embassy called today passport will be ready in a week or so...wow only 16 months for 2 professionals with no children that are close in age...jjajaj....Details to follow

I have avoided posting for I found the process very draining and did not want to bum everyone out. I am lucky that I have alot of time off so I am with my wife every month and a half for a few weeks.

Thanks for the support thus far and I will post the completed timeline when my wife is in Canada.

Has anyone booked any cheap flights lately?
How long until she can fly through the USA....ie Jet Blue

FM

As soon as my mother in law had her papers to come to Canada she went to the US Embassy to ask for a transit Visa and they gave her a 10 year B Tourist Visa. She flew here one way ticket from Santiago to Toronto West Jet. WestJet or AA.