Opinions on Punta Cana hotels....

Big Al

Mar 8, 2009
Hi All-My wife & I are thinking of celebrating our 15th Anniversary next May '10 in the DR.First time for me,2nd my wife..a little bio:
we are mid 50's,no kids,wife is Latino,so no language barriers (and I speak pretty well..)..we are looking for a resort that has 1)
nice balcony views of the ocean-jacuzzi on balcony nice..) 2) nice pools that aren't 60F w/nice hot tubs..3) Decent food variety (5-6 venues at least..) 4) nice beaches-wife doesn't swim,so sea sports N.A....5) A/C must work well-like the room cold when I sleep...,,Right now we are looking at: Iberostar Grand Paraiso,Grand Oasis Bavaro Punto Cana,Excellance Punto Cana,Majestic Colonial P.C.,and Catalonia Royal Bavaro....we PREFER adults only,but in Mid May there aren't too many children anyway...any thoughts on these or ANY others is well appreciated....$$ is somewhat a consideration,but I already know that Jr.Suites/jacuzzi suites,etc. run about $ 450-650 a day for both of us...Thanks....

Big Al

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
first, punta cana, NOT punto cana.
your best choice righ now is majestic elegance. it has anything you are looking for. and the rate is lot cheaper than what you mentioned. 83dlls per person, per night. in May. look in bookit.com
if you want an adult sesion only, upgrade to the elegance club.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
i would not expect much of any of these hotels. sorry - but you need to spend more for anything decent - and right now i think that place would be for punta cana resort and club - forgot those other places. maybe you need to go to Villa Tortuga.

Edited out unsupported editorial comment.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
tortuga bay hotel

go to Luxury Hotels, Luxury Travel Auctions, Resorts - LuxuryLink.com and book tortuga bay hotel there
best hotel in DR and greta package through this site
have been coming to DR for 30 years since peace corps vol here
we went to TBH last november and to casa colonial in puerto plata last week
ocean is warmer and air is hoter in punta cana
take your wife over to cap cana for a nice dinner
la yola restaurant was great for food and ambiance
we will be going back next fall
el aguilucho dd