Opinions on Hotel Gran Jimenoa?

angel_monson

Feb 20, 2008
We were thinking of staying at Hotel Gran Jimenoa during Holy Week. What do you guys think?

Does anyone have positive reviews on this hotel? What about the food, the environment, the service? Do they have a hearty breakfast with bacon and sausage? That's important to me LOL

We were also thinking of Sun Village Resort (I know it' a totally different environment), but since we've been there once, we were thinking of trying out something different.

We really enjoy this type of nature environment, being able to explore, and not having anyone around bothering us.

So, what do you guys think?

Thanks.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I can tell you that the hotel has a great atmosphere, great food and is located in a very nice town (Jarabacoa) even though I haven't stayed in the rooms. DR1's cobraboy knows this hotel well and lives very close by - send him a pm if he doesn't chime in soon.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I stayed there like 3 years ago. Lovely rooms. Very cold outside (but it was in April!!) lovely setting. good food. go for it

matilda

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
GJ is outstanding, but it'll be totally jammed on Holy Week. If'n you don't have a reservation already, you're prolly SOL...

Pinar Dorado is also very nice, just not on the river.

I recommend both.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
2niwj09.jpg
[/IMG]

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Beautiful location for a hotel and the bar across the river was a nice setting. I thought the food at the restaurant was good but a little expensive.