South of Barahona hotel

prjustin

Feb 26, 2009
Does anyone have the number for PLayazul or a simmilar,nice (not over 100 dollar) hotel??? The Lonely Planet number is not correct.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Search function

Does anyone have the number for PLayazul or a simmilar,nice (not over 100 dollar) hotel??? The Lonely Planet number is not correct.

PlayaAzul 809-204-8000

I did this for you since you are a newbie but in the future, this board has a great search function. So right there, in the SW forum, you only have to punch the Search on the top right, then fill in Playa Azul and check "show posts" and you will get every post in which the term is mentioned. Nifty, huh?

Enjoy your trip!

prjustin

Feb 26, 2009
THanks,
Although I tried that and got 4 different wrong numbers, I will try the one you provided. I was hoping someone from the area had a recent connection or stay with the hotel.

Feb 15, 2005
The number that I have is right from their business card which is:

809-204-8010

which is pretty much the one that mountainannie gave you as this may be an extension.
But we are trying to help.

destinationbarahona

Nov 22, 2008
www.destinationbarahona.com
Hallo!
Just to explain you some "communicationprobems".
In this area it is quiet difficult to get a normal phone line.
Playazul have another number to, but the one from Richard is the main number.
You asked for other hotels under 100 USD
El Quemaito (Hotel el Quemaito - Barahona Dominican Republic)
001 809 649 7631
Single room 50 USD Double room 60 USD
Family room: up to 6 people (+18 USD each Person)
same problem here sometimes. You call and get disconnected because the signal was to low. Or ringing and on the other side no tone.
They try to fix it and have set up now a new antenna.
Quemaito have Sat-Internet and free WIFI
So you can talk to friends via Skype

If you like to go more far, Hotelito Italiano in Los Patos and Villa Morinda in Ojeda are other options.

Casablanca (Rancho Suizzo) to.
Need phonenumbers, just contact me

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
Playa Azul attitude problem

I just stayed last week at Playa Azul. The hotel is beautiful but I was not impressed by the owners for one second. The staff is wonderful but the owners walk around like you are privileged to be staying in their presence. I took some of my clients there last week. The food is great but the price they are asking for their rooms is a little high in my opinion. Then on top of the high prices they shut off the generator at 9 am. There was no electricity until later in the afternoon. They also use solar heaters to make hot water, great I love using options like that but I hate paying $65 a night to take a cold shower. In the end I could have put up with these inconveniences if the owner lady had showed me one once of gratitude for bringing her over $850 worth of business in rooming alone. My clients and I ate there everyday for 5 days and they didn't skimp they tried every plate. We probably spent $125 US each of the 5 days in food and drink. But we never even got a Buenas Dias or even a friendly nod once the entire time from the ever present owner lady. I won't be back.