Clinics, pregnancy, testing and true results.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
I have no idea how to advise on this. Say you left the country, your girlfriend then claims she is pregnant, you had no intention of returning any time soon, and even less likely to return after I have advised you :pirate:. What are the chances of getting original pregnancy test from a clinic, or indeed a Dominican lady who isn't talking sh1t.
I have advised to run, run and run some more. It all seems a little unlikely that you could have a relationship for about 6 months and then once you have left the country she decides to be pregnant within a week or so, lol.
Has anyone dealt with this kind of claim, my trust in Dominican women is pretty non existent unfortunately, but you can't tell some people.
Only other option would be to request the test results, no?

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i wonder what it feels like to be sitting back home in the US/UK/Canada and thinking i may have a kid in the DR dressed in rags with no food but that's OK because it's the mother's fault.................

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Point being, many Dominican women make false claims when it is time for the temporary boyfriend to go back to work, home or just needs a rest from all the resting. Personally as said I wouldn't trust a Dominican woman as far as I could throw her including my good women indoors (thats my opinion and only that, I'm not asking you to alter your opinion for me), and always take the negative route with my thought process when this kind of story comes up, keeps my life hassle free and uncomplicated.
This is not the case for all men though, hence my thread asking about others opinions, stories and advice so we may all learn a thing or two. How to determine whether they actually are pregnant without returning is a start, then maybe figure out if it is yours or not once born.
I've had a girl claim her child was mine last year, we slept together 7 month before the child was born (do the maths), never saw her for some months then bumped into her on the street and decided to ask me for money for my son, lol. Not the most intelligent species on the planet, imo.
Problem is some are naive and I hate seeing good men taken advantage of by these little upstarts, so I will try to advise where I can.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
In my opinion, the best thing to do is ask the mother if she is willing to have an abortion? Explain to her that you are not willing to take on the responsibility of parenthood at this time in your life. If she doesn't want an abortion, and this is understandable, tell her that you'll help her out (it's a moral obligation but this is ultimately up to you) but you'll need a positive pregnancy test and DNA test as soon as the baby is born to continue your support for the child. You don't want to be supporting her deadbeat chulo's baby, if that's the case. Do you?

Good luck to you the young lady and the unborn child (if indeed the young lady is expecting)

NotLurking

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Don't confuse me with this pregnancy, I am merely trying to advise a friend who is a little heart strong for this area. I don't think abortions are legal in DR, you can get them done in a round about way from what I hear though.
I think he would be quite happy to be a father, he's not getting any younger and no kids that I know of. So the main problem is, how to get pregnancy results without setting him up for more misleading abuse and manipulation.

Cheers!

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
If he does not want to return to DR you can do him a favor and come here, take the girl to a clinic and test if she really is pregnant. Go to a reputable clinic (HOMS in Santiago...) and she has no way to forge the results. If she is pregnant then obviously DNA test in next.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
I considered that but I prefer the quiet life, trouble seems to follow folk around, I don't need crazy women searching for me for answers should he decide to do a runner. Also I doubt her indoors would appreciate me taking another women for a pregnancy test. I was wondering if anyone knew a trustworthy clinic that could email him the results. God I'm shuddering at the thought of how complex this could become. I see quite few germans kicking about with little Dominican kids, not so many other nationalities though, or maybe I'm just blind to the concept of such a complex lifestyle.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Email the results? I guess he's not that serious about it at all. Nobody will have issues if you take the girl for the test. For all you know she's maybe not even pregnant. The only problem you might have is if she is and then starts claiming you (yes, you) are the father, then you might have problem leaving the country before giving her support money.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
My point exactly for not wanting to get involved (offering advice is very different), it could be very much more trouble than it is worth.
Out of interest on the leaving the country thing, does that really happen? men being stopped from leaving the country if girlfriend is pregnant.

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
Is this person a US citizen? I ask because I know it is common practice for the US embassy to request paternity tests for citizen "fathers" who are trying to bring over their "biological" children. Perhaps give the embassy a call and see who they use.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Actually Liam, that is a good point and maybehe knows more than he is letting on. If that is true it is a perfect reason for wanting emailed results and not returning.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
In my opinion, the best thing to do is ask the mother if she is willing to have an abortion? Explain to her that you are not willing to take on the responsibility of parenthood at this time in your life. If she doesn't want an abortion, and this is understandable, tell her that you'll help her out (it's a moral obligation but this is ultimately up to you) but you'll need a positive pregnancy test and DNA test as soon as the baby is born to continue your support for the child. You don't want to be supporting her deadbeat chulo's baby, if that's the case. Do you?

Good luck to you the young lady and the unborn child (if indeed the young lady is expecting)

NotLurking

The last time i checked abortion was illegal in the DR, or you want him to pay the Barrio butcher to do it?

The DR has a high birthrate because women prefer to have their babies instead of killing it (That's what i call having responsability), they maybe "Cueros" "Chopas" or whatever you want to call them but the majority of them will never end a pregnency, and even if they want to do it illegally they parents will stopped them from doing it.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
I disagree, a responsible approach would be abortion for the majority of them, if you can't support yourself without whoring yourself why bring a dependant into the world.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I disagree, a responsible approach would be abortion for the majority of them, if you can't support yourself without whoring yourself why bring a dependant into the world.

A responsible approach will be for both of them to use protection, she doesn't have to kill the baby just because the father is an inresponsible coward, and as the DR is NOT a walfare state no taxpayers money will be involve.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Believe it or not mistakes happen, with protection even. How does aborting a child automatically make the father a coward?
And your claim of killing the baby is your own. In many a persons mind a child is not a child until it is of a certain size or even born (I mean exactly how much does a child know about its own death?, I'd guess it isn't a painful experience as we know it, although someone will no doubt prove me wrong, again). I'm all for abortion (and adoption but I guess not that many families want to adopt in Dominican), it gives those with few options a better chance at life, and introduces fewer kids into the world who will have a sad existence.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Believe it or not mistakes happen, with protection even. How does aborting a child automatically make the father a coward?
And your claim of killing the baby is your own. In many a persons mind a child is not a child until it is of a certain size or even born (I mean exactly how much does a child know about its own death?, I'd guess it isn't a painful experience as we know it, although someone will no doubt prove me wrong, again). I'm all for abortion (and adoption but I guess not that many families want to adopt in Dominican), it gives those with few options a better chance at life, and introduces fewer kids into the world who will have a sad existence.

The point is that he should act like a MAN and take resposability for his actions/failures/mistakes and stupidity.

I know you're that "Friend" you just don't want to give the face here.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
I agree, stand up and be counted. I just find anything like this is usually BS to get the man and free life back. My opinions are formed on bad experiences with BS Dominican women.
How can someone be together so long and then within a week of him leaving the country decide to be pregnant, lol. Come on!!!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
The last time i checked abortion was illegal in the DR, or you want him to pay the Barrio butcher to do it?

The DR has a high birthrate because women prefer to have their babies instead of killing it (That's what i call having responsability), they maybe "Cueros" "Chopas" or whatever you want to call them but the majority of them will never end a pregnency, and even if they want to do it illegally they parents will stopped them from doing it.

I think you should read the article about abortions found right here on DR1.
According to Dr. Cordero, some 90,000 abortions are performed in the Dominican Republic each year, making it the third leading cause of maternal death in the country. These abortions are either self- induced, or are performed by a backstreet practitioner. In either case, there are serious risks.
Abortion in the Dominican Republic

More info on abortions in DR without the services of a doctor. Just visit a farmacia and purchase Misoprostol, that is used as an abortifacient. Interesting stuff.

Conclusions The data were of too poor quality to validate the verbal reports reliably, but misoprostol appears to have been widely used over a period when abortion-related morbidity fell. It remains plausible that the use of misoprostol contributed to the reduction.

Wiley InterScience :: Session Cookies

Btw I am in no way, shape or form defending this fella Shrubwhatever.

Last edited:

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Btw I am in no way, shape or form defending this fella Shrubwhatever.

DEFENDING ME?????
Excuse me, why on earth would I need defending by anyone, I am debating a point of view and asking some of the more experienced people for opinions and possibilities.
I feel no need for and defence of any kind.