MamaJuana?

Kappa21

Mar 11, 2009
Im not Dominican or anything...

but whats the deal with the drink?

I have a bottle and i didnt open it yet. Any good? How many brands sell MamaJuana in Dominica? Can you get Mamajuana in say...Haiti? Or Trinidad/Tobago? Chavezuela? Guyana? Or only in DR?

How much Alchahol is in it? What makes it so special? Rum? Wine? Herbs?

Nov 25, 2008
its really the roots and twigs that give the rum it flavor, normally if you bought it with rum inside its normally a local poor grade; its a tourist thing

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
its really the roots and twigs that give the rum it flavor, normally if you bought it with rum inside its normally a local poor grade; its a tourist thing

The main purpose of mamajuana is to be able to enhance the taste of cheap liquor.
You can drop 151 proof and it will make it very pleasant to drink.

It is also said that the roots also provide medicinal purpose and a sexdrive booster.

The price range of mamajuana depends on the size of the bottle and how loaded you want it. I heard that the best one are the ones that have octopus, oysters, sea turtles male organs and conch in addition to the roots. Those can run up to $60.00 +

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Im not Dominican or anything...

but whats the deal with the drink?

I have a bottle and i didnt open it yet. Any good? How many brands sell MamaJuana in Dominica? Can you get Mamajuana in say...Haiti? Or Trinidad/Tobago? Chavezuela? Guyana? Or only in DR?

How much Alchahol is in it? What makes it so special? Rum? Wine? Herbs?

You will only be able to get it where there is a large dominican settlement.
I know Venezuela has the fourth largest dominican population so you woulde most likely
find one there.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
You will only be able to get it where there is a large dominican settlement.
I know Venezuela has the fourth largest dominican population so you woulde most likely
find one there.

off topic curiousity who has 1,2,3 largest DR pop.?

also how much is the regular mamajuice and how much alcohol content?

Kappa21

Mar 11, 2009
Dont you guys have some brand names/labels that make Mamajuana?
It seems its a home made thing, but like Rum or any other Alcoholic drink, anything can be made by hand and enhance or dehanced...

so in terms of brand? what are some brands that are big?
What is their alchaholic percentage?

Do Dominican abroad look for them?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Dont you guys have some brand names/labels that make Mamajuana?
It seems its a home made thing, but like Rum or any other Alcoholic drink, anything can be made by hand and enhance or dehanced...

so in terms of brand? what are some brands that are big?
What is their alchaholic percentage?

Do Dominican abroad look for them?

I girlfriend of mine bought me an actual bottle of a drink call mamajuana. Not the home made version but a liquor store version. Had the same medicine taste to it but nice!!!!!

I have a bottle of the home made version in my home. I just add cheap rum, honey and red wine at that is it!!!!!!!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
What makes it so special?

ask some of my dominican girlfriends :laugh:

one La Pela and some mamajuana and you could be accused of assault with a deadly weapon :laugh:

Henry03

Nov 11, 2002
Mamajuana

I have two bottles here with brand lables.
One is Don Ramon and the other is Don Erick
H