Bus crashes, kills 7 in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Reports of an early morning bus losing it's brakes and plowing through a crowd apparently killing at least 7 people and leaving more injured.
Anyone know anything about this? I just had a phone call from a friend telling me it's a mess and roads are blocked off near the market.
"Don't shoot the messenger"---please, as I just got wind of this, my source is reliable, but don't know anymore information. I need to go to the market today and would like to know if it's worth the trip.
Thanks

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Reports of an early morning bus losing it's brakes and plowing through a crowd apparently killing at least 7 people and leaving more injured.
Anyone know anything about this? I just had a phone call from a friend telling me it's a mess and roads are blocked off near the market.
"Don't shoot the messenger"---please, as I just got wind of this, my source is reliable, but don't know anymore information. I need to go to the market today and would like to know if it's worth the trip.
Thanks

http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/87835-accident-pop.html

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks Bronxboy.
I'm assuming the area is cleaned up since it was at 6:00 this a.m.
and the market is more than likely business as usual, meaning "OPEN".
Such a shame for the loss of life, over faulty brakes.
This country could use a vehicle inspection requirement, but then again that would cause a revolution....

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
I was at the market at about 11:30 am and heard about it from some people who work at the market. Alot of people were shaken up. Sad news!
I did not see any closed roads at that time.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Grim. Reminded me of the horrendous "baton ballet" tragedy in Neyba a few years ago when a truck driver ploughed into a group of majorettes.
Condolences to the families.

Status
Not open for further replies.