Melia Caribe tropical Deal

Jan 9, 2004
Sorry to post this so late, but I just spotted what appears to be an incredible one day only sale, 5 days 4 nights for $299 per room. (not per person or per night, but $299 total and I would guess + whatever taxes are collected). Additional nights are at $119.

The website, of which I have no affiliation, is Punta Cana Station.

Good Luck to those of you who are able to take advantage of what seems to be a fantastic opportunity, but perhaps also a stark reminder of just how affected the hotels have become to the economic downturn.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Jan 9, 2004
Maybe...

I am missing something, but $299 for 4 nights breaks down to $74.75 per night per room, and with two people sharing that room, it breaks down to about $37.35 per person per night. If that is a "usual" or "above average" rate, then I can only wonder what a sale rate would be?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

that's a usual rate, even above average rate, for resorts direct sales when you come to the front desk and show them the bucks. that website shpows a 'regular' rate of $895.- per room for that hotel, heck, people from all over the world pay such for a week there including air. i would not take that website serious.
happy travels
Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the only missing thing been my own brain when interpreting the rates on the website, ha ha ha.
you are absolutely right, it is a 4 nights rate and i counted it as a per night rate.
will tell Chiri to send my post to hell.
sorry
Mike

Done by me Hlywud

Last edited by a moderator:

davidleemac58

Nov 7, 2007
Its the real deal

I just returned from Melia Tropical in Punta Cana...I have been to numerous all inclusive all over the DR , riu grand palace riu macao and many others.This was by far the best,the first time I can actually say the food was fanatstic...Ala cartes easy to get into and fanatastic.. My personal favorites french ,american and japanese..The service was great and the ambience excellent..Now what you have to beware of......I paid the 399 dollar price for 5 days and 4 nights some people recieved it at 299,either way incredible deal...I booked it 10 days in advance and recieved my confirmation the day I arrived in DR...I was calling travel agencey and hotel the last 3 days ,3 times a day. I was afraid I would arrive in Dr and not get into hotel....Recieved it the day I entered ,so book minimium of 14 days before departure..You also have to go on a so called 90 minute tour of the property..A very hard sale vacation club pitch..Lasted two and half hours and didnt want to take nooooo for answer... Get through that and an absolutley wonderful time... Hope I helped somebody out ,thinking of traveling to the Melia....: