Botanical Gardens / Hotels

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
Hello!

I'm looking at going to this years orchid exhibition at the Botanical Gardens and not knowing my way around Santo Domingo I have a couple of questions:

1. How far away from the Caribe Tours bus station are the gardens? Does anyone know the approximate cost by taxi or motoconcho?

2. Are there any good budget hotels near either the bus station or the gardens? Looking for something safe, clean, and with A/C for around $50 US/night.

Thanks very much!

Feb 7, 2007
It's about 15 minutes ride in medium traffic. Taxi about 150 to 180 pesos, probably about the same for motoconcho (same rate but you'll get there maybe faster).

To fit your budget, the closest hotel would be Clarion on Tiradentes between 27 and Kennedy, about US$ 80 per night.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Orchid Exibition

When is the orchid exibition? I visited the botanical garden last year and my novia and I loved it. I saw the orchids in the orchid displays and they were facinating. I would visit again to see an exibition if time allows.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Not This Year

Thanks. Unfortunately I cannot make it this year. I will tell my novia and maybe she can get out to see it.