Cabarete Sand Castle Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Does anyone have any photos to share from the sand castle contest earlier this month in Cabarete?

Reactions: Rocky

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Here are some pictures I took while the construction was still in progress. I have no idea who won, but they are all very impressive in my opinion. Congrats to all who made the effort to participate.

CIMG0694.jpg

CIMG0695.jpg

CIMG0697.jpg

CIMG0698.jpg

CIMG0699.jpg

CIMG0700.jpg

CIMG0701.jpg

CIMG0702.jpg

Reactions: Rocky

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Awww another event I would have like to know about 'before the fact'.
Beautiful sand castles.
What was the winning prize btw?

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Event Calendar

Would be a very useful addition to the site - we see a lot of great info after the event but not before

Can an event calendar be added?

Thanks

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
This year I found that there were only 5 serious contestants, other than the kids which are in a different category. In years past, we would advertise and be one of the sponsors, but after numerous disagreements with the organizer who is a private citizen, who blows in from Canada a few days before the contest, we gave up. My beef is that this person is disorganized, does no advanced publicity (weeks or months in advance) and takes 80% of the donated funds back home as his compensation. If handled properly, this could be a boom for the beach front businesses.

Jan 17, 2009
I've been in Cabarete for three years now and always miss it. I always here about it after the fact. I don't know who organizes it but I hope someone else starts doing the same, more often. Fantastic pictures, thank you for posting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.