How to fly from DR to Nassau without going through the US

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Title says it all. How do you get from the DR to the Bahamas by air without going through the US?

You go to the Turk's and Caicos first and you have to stay overnight and then fly to Nassau.

If I remember correctly the flight was about $750 U.S. each way

Last edited:

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi

A very unique way is to catch Tortug Air from Santo Domingo to Haiti on the days they provide a connection to Bahamas. They are servicing Nassau from PAP on a limited basis. This might be an alternative. I dont have any contact numbers for Tortug Air but try to call Higuero Airport via Aerodoms website and see if they can give you a number for Tortug Air.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Any route that does not involve the US will cost at least three times as much and have about 10 times the hassle. Over 80% of all flights out of the Bahamas are US bound. You must really have a good reason to avoid the US to go through all that.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Any route that does not involve the US will cost at least three times as much and have about 10 times the hassle. Over 80% of all flights out of the Bahamas are US bound. You must really have a good reason to avoid the US to go through all that.

My partner can't get a US Visa so we can't travel through the US.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Told ya,
go thru Cuba. Minimum 6 flights daily from Nassau to HAV.
Just go SDQ-HAV.

6 flights daily? I'm pretty sure you are mistaken. (At least its only half as inaccurate as your previous post saying there's a dozen flights a day)

Cubana has 5 flights a week from Nassau-Havana (no flights on Tuesdays or Saturdays) Bahamasair has 2 fights to Havana per week.

And I think HAV-SDQ is only twice a week as well.

davidleemac58

Nov 7, 2007
cuba stamp

Your friend that cant go to U.S. are you sure can get into Bahamas... Bahamas just about the same restrictions as U.S....Also if hoping to get into U.S. at some point in time might not want a Cuban stamp on your passport..Just a thought...

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Your friend that cant go to U.S. are you sure can get into Bahamas... Bahamas just about the same restrictions as U.S....Also if hoping to get into U.S. at some point in time might not want a Cuban stamp on your passport..Just a thought...

-Why not? What laws would they be violating? If they are not US citizens or residents the embargo doesn't apply to them. Would the millions of Canadians who go on vacation to Cuba every year be then considered persona non grata in the U.S. or subject to suspicion? Some people just have this bizarre tinfoil-hat paranoia about the US government that it often clouds their judgment. Besides, anyone who has actually been to Cuba knows that their immigration stopped putting any stamps/markings in ANY foreign passport years ago.
-Bahamas, as its own country, has its own immigration laws. Many nations that would need a visa to visit the US do not need one for the Bahamas. (such as Mexico, Brazil, Argentina)

davidleemac58

Nov 7, 2007
Edmn

EDMN,JUST READ YOUR AGGRESIVE ANSWER TO WHAT I WROTE...YOUR A TYPICAL KNOW IT ALL, I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP!!!!GO TO THREAD ON THIS LOCATION,LETS TALK ABOUT DR CUBA TRIP...AND THE PROBLEMS WITH STAMPING PASSPORTS...PROBALY A LIE BECAUSE YOU KNOW IT ALL...TYPICAL MORON....:ermm: