It's St. Patrick's Day. I was gonna put these in the Clown Bin but...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What the heck? It's Erin go bragh!! Up the Brits!! And all that...

Some are old and some are new, but most are worth a giggle or two.

Happy St. Pat's to all....

HB

Six retired Irishmen were playing poker in O'Leary's apartment when Paddy Murphy loses $500 on a single hand, clutches his chest, and drops dead at the table. Showing respect for their fallen brother, the other five continue playing standing up.
Michael O'Conner looks around and asks, "Oh, me boys, someone's got to tell Paddy's wife. Who will it be?"
They draw straws. Paul Gallagher picks the short one. They tell him to be discreet, be gentle, and don't make a bad situation any worse.
"Discreet? I'm the most discreet Irishman you'll ever meet. 'Discretion' is me middle name. Leave it to me."
So Gallagher goes right over to Murphy's house and knocks on the door.
Mrs. Murphy answers, and asks what he wants.
Gallagher declares, "Your husband just lost $500, and is afraid to come home."
"Tell him to drop dead," says Murphy's wife.
"I'll go tell him." says Gallagher.

Into a Belfast pub comes Paddy Murphy, looking like he'd just been run over by a train. His arm is in a sling, his nose is broken, his face is cut and bruised, and he's walking with a limp.

"What happened to you?" asks Sean, the bartender.

"Jamie O'Conner and me had a fight," says Paddy.

"That little O'Conner," says Sean, "He couldn't do that to you, he must have had something in his hand."

"That he did," says Paddy. "A shovel is what he had, and a terrible lickin' he gave me with it."

"Well," says Sean, "you should have defended yourself. Didn't you have something in your hand?"

That I did," said Paddy. "Mrs. O'Conner's bosom, and a thing of beauty it was, but utterly useless in a fight."

An Irishman who had a little too much to drink is driving home from the city one night and, of course, his car is weaving violently all over the road.

A cop pulls him over. "So," says the cop to the driver, "where have ya been?"

"Why, I've been to the pub of course," slurs the drunk.

"Well," says the cop, "it looks like you've had quite a few drinks this evening."

"I did all right," the drunk says with a smile.

"Did you know," says the cop, standing straight up, and folding his arms across his chest, "that a few intersections back, your wife fell out of your car?"

"Oh, thank heavens," sighs the drunk. "for a minute there, I thought I'd gone deaf."

Mary Clancy goes up to Father O'Grady after his Sunday morning service, and she's in tears.

He says, "So what's bothering you, Mary my dear?"

She says, "Oh, Father, I've got terrible news. Me husband passed away last night."

The priest says, "Oh, Mary, that's terrible. Tell me, Mary, did he have any last requests?"

She says, "That he did, Father."

The priest says, "What did he ask, Mary?"

" She says, "He said, 'Please Mary, put down that damn gun . ' "

AND THE BEST FOR LAST

A drunk staggers into a Catholic Church, enters a confessional booth, sits down, but says nothing.

The Priest coughs a few times to get his attention, but the drunk continues to sit there.

Finally, the Priest pounds three times on the wall.

The drunk mumbles, "Ain't no use knockin, there's no paper on this side either."

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
what the heck? Up the brits!!

Congratulations to all my friends members and family who were born in the
1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's !

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos..
They took aspirin, ate blue cheese, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes or cervical cancer.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright colored lead-based paints.
#we had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

Take away food was limited to fish and chips, no pizza shops, mcdonalds, kfc, subway or nandos.

Even though all the shops closed at6.00pm and didn't open on the weekends, somehow we didn't starve to death!

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and no one actually died from this.

We could collect old drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and buy toffees, gobstoppers, bubble gum and some bangers to blow up frogs with.
We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soft drinks with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......

We were always outside playing!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when th e streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were o.k.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of old prams and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. We built tree houses and dens and played in river beds with matchbox cars.

We did not have playstations, nintendo wii, x-boxes, no video games at all, no 999 channels on sky,
no video/dvd films,
no mobile phones, no personal computers, no internet or internet chat rooms..........we had friends and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of tree s, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

Only girls had pierced ears!

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

You could only buy easter eggs and hot cross buns at easter time...

;d we were given air guns and catapults for our 10th birthdays,

we rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Mum didn't have to go to work to help dad make ends meet!

Rugby and cricket had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! Getting into the team was based on

merit

our teachers used to hit us with canes and gym shoes and bully's always ruled the playground at school.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.
They actually sided with the law!

Our parents didn't invent stupid names for their kids like 'kiora' and 'blade' and 'ridge' and 'vanilla'

we had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to
deal with it all!

And you are one of them!
Congratulations!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.
e mail i had sent me

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
The first says: "Aye, this is a nice bar, but where I come from, there's a better one. At MacDougal's, you buy a drink, you buy another drink, and MacDougal himself will buy your third drink!"

The second then starts: "That sounds like a nice bar, but where I come from, there's a better one called Quinns. At Quinns, you buy a drink, Quinn buys you a drink. You buy another drink, Quinn buys you another drink."

Then the third pipes up. "You think that's good? Where I come from, there's this place called Murphy's. At Murphy's, they buy you your first drink, they buy you your second drink, they buy you your third drink, and then, they take you in the back and get you laid!"
"Wow!" say the other two. "That sounds fantastic! Did that actually happen to you?" "No," replies their friend, "but it happened to my sister!"

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
There was once an Irishman named Murphy who walked into an American Bar. He sat down and asked the Bartender "Give me three shots o' your finest Irish Whiskey!" the Bartender complies.

After about a week the bartender asks, "Murphy, would it be better for yeh if I put all three shots of Irish Whiskey into one glass?"

Murphy replied, "well no. See I have two other brothers back at home, Patrick and Owen, and everytime I come into a Pub or Bar I order a shot for each o' them so I can remember the good times."

Well, after another week of this routine, Murphy comes into the bar and only asks for two shots of Irish Whiskey. The bartender immediately says "Murphy, is everything ok? Did somethin' happen to one of your brothers?" "Oh no", Murphy said, "I just decided to quit drinkin!"

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
A man stumbles up to the only other patron in a bar and asks if he could buy him a drink.

"Why of course," comes the reply.

The first man then asks: "Where are you from?"

"I'm from Ireland," replies the second man.

The first man responds: "You don't say, I'm from Ireland too! Let's have another round to Ireland."
"Of Course," replies the second man.

Curious, the first man then asks: "Where in Ireland are you from?"
"Dublin," comes the reply.
"I can't believe it," says the first man.
"I'm from Dublin too! Let's have another drink to Dublin."
"Of course," replies the second man.

Curiosity again strikes and the first man asks:
"What school did you go to?"
"Saint Mary's," replies the second man.
"I graduated in '62."

"This is unbelievable!" the first man says.
"I went to Saint Mary's and I graduated in '62, too!"

About that time in comes one of the regulars and sits down at the bar.
"What's been going on?" he asks the bartender.
"Nothing much," replies the bartender. "The O'Malley twins are drunk again."

M

MirianAmor

Specimen

Irish Story,

Participants :

Mary ? Broad Irish Accent
Doctor ? Oxford educated ? pure English.

Mary goes to the Doctor she says ? Doctor, I tink I ?m Pregnant?

Doctor : ? That?s alright Mary, You?ll just have to bring me a specimen?

Not to embarrass herself in front of the Doctor because she did not know what a specimen was. She thought ? I?ll be waiting ?til I get home and I?ll be asking me Husband Patrick because he knows all about dis type o ting?

She goes home and waits for Patrick

?I went to the Doctor today and I told him I taut I was pregnant?

?Now did you now and what did he say?

?He said I had to bring him a specimen but I don?t know what a specimen is ? Do you know??

? No, Mary, I haven?t the faintest idea but I?ll be telling you what I?ll be doing, I?ll be asking Shamus next door because he knows all about everyting?

? Oh no Patrick, every time you?re seeing Shamus your fighting?

? No Mary, I promise you dis time d:bunny:ere?ll be no fighting ?

Two hour later he returns ? His clothes are all torn ? his eyes are black and he is bleeding all over the place.

? There, Now what did I tell you ? As soon as you?re seeing Shamus you?re fighting?

? No, Mary, Honest to God, he started it himself this time. I went in there and I said ? Tell me what is a specimen ? He said ? **** in a bottle ? I said **** in your hat and there we were fighting again?:bunny:

M

MirianAmor

Lawn Mower

There's a guy who owns a very large store that sells everything. from nuts and bolts to milk and sugar. He starts to get very busy and decides to advertise for an assistant. The only reply he gets is from Patrick O'Reilly. He obviously gets the job and starts work. The first customer is a lady who asks for a pound of bacon. He sells it to her. The next asks for a can of peaches. He sells it also and puts the money in the till. After a while of the same story, the owner comes over and says " Patrick, Patrick, listen, in order to make this store work, you have to try and encourage them to spend more money. For example Bacon, you have to suggest eggs or Peaches, how about some cream? etc.etc. Patrick says " sorry guvner, I'm trying to do me best" Listen Patrick, I'll take the next customer, you watch and listen. " I'll be doin that fer sure" says Patrick. The next guy comes in and says " Can I have 2lb of grass seed" "Sure you can. I'll just weigh it out and bag it up for you" says the owner. He comes back and says "any thing else for you Today?" "no thanks that'll do" the guy says, " well how about a lawn mower? the grass is going to grow and we have specials on Mowers this week" He takes him over to the mowers and 5 minutes later the guy walks off with a 200 pound lawn mower . "Now Patrick, do you see what I mean?" "I sure do guvner . you'll have no more problems with me". Patrick says. A few minutes later a guy comes in and after glancing around, leans over the counter and quietly says to him "could I have a packet of Tampax please" " no problem at all " he says " I'll just go and be bagging it up for you" he comes back with the tampax " did you be wantin anytin else Today" " No thanks that's all" " Well how about a lawnmower" " now why on earth would I be wanting a lawnmower" " Well, yull be nuttin else next week, you might as well cut de grass"