Visitors visa for Canada question

Candy Girl

Apr 21, 2008
Ok so I am new to posting here, just getting used to things. First of all I just wanted to say that its great this site exists for support. You are all really strong individuals and I hope your spouses arrive soon. If the governments would realize how much effort you put into something such as a Visa, surely the same amount of effort, actually MORE, would be put into your actual marriage.

Anyways I was wondering what are the chances of a boyfriend or just a friend recieving a visitors visa if the intent was only to stay a few weeks ?? Do you need to be sponsored for this as well ?? If they want assurance they will return what if a plane ticket was purchased with a fixed date and time ???

Thanks in advance. :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
A visitor visa for what country? If it's Canada it's almost impossible unless they have very Strong ties to the DR and even then there is no guarantee. Canada issues very few visitor visas.

Here some info Visiting Canada

Let me know if it's not Canada you are asking about.

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
HI

It is almost impossible, but you won't know unless you try. It does not cost a lot so I would try if I was you. We were just refused for a second time for a visitor visa for my husbands brother. Their reason this time was he had not travelled before, well how are they suppose to travel if they can't get out of the country. Good luck and let us know if you get one.

Candy Girl

Apr 21, 2008
Sorry to hear you were turned down for a second time. Well there is no harm in trying I guess even if the chances are very, very slim! I'll keep everyone updated once and if we start the process, how things go and what they say! :)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
One of my wife's teachers received her Visitors Visa to Canada. It is for 6 months. She is coming to take a 6 week ESL Course at Kingston Language school. She is 28, married with a five year old boy, and has worked for my wife for 10 years. She owns her own house, and has some money in the bank, not much though. Proof that it can be done. 1st week in April she has an appointment at the American Embassy for a transit Visa. We'll see how that goes.