Punta Cana in October?

Kendraz@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2009
We have decided to travel to Punta Cana this time. Previously, we went to Puerto Plata and had the most wonderful experience. We found the hotel staff and countryside locals to be exemplary to other countries. This October we are venturing to Punta Cana instead. We are staying at the Dreams resort with the upgrade to preferred club junior suite. So I am hoping to be pleased.
What is the weather like then? I know it is the tail end of hurricane season. What have the past few years weather been like in the middle of October?
We intend to find great excursions. We are the active couple, 30 and 33. We have been jetboating, cliff diving, snorkeling, jungle roaming and have never been disappointed.
1. Is there a must see tour? We enjoy seeing the countryside, the locals doing/making their local pieces that they sell.

2. How is the shopping? Is there a nice flea market area anywhere to get authentic pieces?

3. Any warnings about the Dreams resort?

;)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
there are 2 Dreams resorts
* dreams punta cana, this is the one 1hr one way driving far away from punta cana, located in an area named Uvero Alto
* dreams palm beach, just 20 minutes from the airport, located in the lil town of Cabeza de Toro, i live myself right on the beach aside that one.
mid October is for the east coast peak season in case of tropical storm/hurricane season, Tail end would be named the time close to x-mas eve, but no worries, PC is over all a top protected area, the last hit been Jeannie in end september 2004.
for shopping/flea market, warnings aso we would need at which one of those dreams resorts in punta cana you will stay, they are far appart from each others and located at very different kinda beaches.
happy travels
Mike