Looking for 5 bedroom home in Cabarete or Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
My family and I are coming down in October and we are looking for a reasonably priced 5 bedroom villa to stay in from October 10-15. It would be a total of 10 people but we are not looking to pay $600 or above a night like the ones I have found at Sea Horse Ranch. I understand that is a luxury facility and we don't need that much. Is this at all doable or am I better off renting two villas close to each other.

I appreciate any advice or insight anyone can give me concerning this because I have searched the internet with no luck.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
If you were offered a five bedroom villa in SeaHorse ranch for 600.00 you should have taken it (ten people). I wouldn't rent my house at that price for 10 people but to your question.

1.) If it's ten people then I assume their are children, then security is paramount -- this what Seahorse ranch is about.
2.) Where ever you rent ask "what is included" with the villa, you will need maids and handyman and full time power for 10 people -- again Seahorse is the best.
3.) I suggest two smaller villas in a GATED COMMUNITY, but if you can get a 5 bedroom villa in SeaHorse for 10 and 600 or under your a fool not to take it.

imho

singletravel

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
I can assure you I am not a fool

If you were offered a five bedroom villa in SeaHorse ranch for 600.00 you should have taken it (ten people). I wouldn't rent my house at that price for 10 people but to your question.

1.) If it's ten people then I assume their are children, then security is paramount -- this what Seahorse ranch is about.
2.) Where ever you rent ask "what is included" with the villa, you will need maids and handyman and full time power for 10 people -- again Seahorse is the best.
3.) I suggest two smaller villas in a GATED COMMUNITY, but if you can get a 5 bedroom villa in SeaHorse for 10 and 600 or under your a fool not to take it.

imho

singletravel

I appreciate your "input" however since I can get 2 houses in a gated community for under $300 a night and I can get a 5 bedroom home in Cofresi for $300 a night. I am not immediately parcial to the Cofresi villa because it is so far away from my favorite part of the island. I think it would be foolish for me to pay that much since I have many other costs I am incurring for my wedding. I just thought that I would ask if anyone had any helpful advice on if it was possible. Obviously you own in Seahorse which is why you got your undies in a bunch. No disrespect it is just not what I am looking for.

So I hope someone else has some ideas on this that won't take it personally and call me a fool for not seeing my life and my money their way.
:cheeky:

Jan 17, 2009
You may want to take a look at Villas Olas de Oro. They don't have five bedrooms, but you may rent 2 villas. I know nothing about the property but I thought I mention it since they may be within your price range and they're well located in Cabarete.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Actually I'm living in Charmico at the moment :glasses:,. I'm just trying to say a 5 bedroom villa in SeaHorse is a great value for under 600.00 and you'll be happy and never forget it. But I understand your budget so I would ask an agent to find a nice villa next store (also gated, well sota of) in Perla Marina where there are some beautiful villas and homes that fit your budget. They also have a nice beach and pretty secure. It is a nice area.

singletravel

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Thanks for the advice.

Actually I'm living in Charmico at the moment :glasses:,. I'm just trying to say a 5 bedroom villa in SeaHorse is a great value for under 600.00 and you'll be happy and never forget it. But I understand your budget so I would ask an agent to find a nice villa next store (also gated, well sota of) in Perla Marina where there are some beautiful villas and homes that fit your budget. They also have a nice beach and pretty secure. It is a nice area.

singletravel

I will look into calling an agent. So you live in Charmico now I thought you owned villa #84 at Seahorse. My mistake. Yes without a doubt Seahorse is beautiful and the houses there are gorgeous. Just not in my budget. I only have 1 technical child in my group so extreme security is not as necessary.

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Great idea

You may want to take a look at Villas Olas de Oro. They don't have five bedrooms, but you may rent 2 villas. I know nothing about the property but I thought I mention it since they may be within your price range and they're well located in Cabarete.

I will look there and see if they have something that would work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.