Jewlery Store on North Coast for Engagment Rings

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Any recommendations of a good quality jewlery store on the North Coast (POP, Sosua, Cabarete) that sells engagment type rings?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Am sure you will find something nice in the Harrisons jewellery shops which are in each of the towns you mention.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I believe that Joyeria Brador has a store in POP. They might be a little more expensive than many small stores but there is never any doubt about the quality of the gold/silver/gemstones.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I agree with Gregg - if you are in Sosua visit Patrick's first. If he does not have what you want he will point you in the right direction to get what you want. Harrison's is an expensive place to shop generally as they have exclusive designs & rely heavily on the tourist market.

If you are in the Puerto Plata area try a visit to 'Compra Venta Antonio' which is right next to Caribe Tours bus station. Some new, some second hand ....... but all at a very competitive price & best value around for MY money!

All three places so far speak excellent English. ~ Grahame.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
In Sosua next to Bon Ice Cream is a jewelry store with very nice jewelry. The owner used to be a designer at Harrisons and his prices are good.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Antonio's in PP would have my vote, too.

Patrick is also great, especially if you want silver, not gold (as the name implies). White gold, especially, doesn't seem to be too easy to come by here.

With regards to the place next to Bon, be prepared to keep going back to find someone there, unless they have had a change of staff. I wouldn't part with any money or jewelery in advance. I took a watch there for a new battery and he promised he'd get me one. I left the watch as it was worth next to nothing but gave up in the end as the place was never open.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Any recommendations of a good quality jewlery store on the North Coast (POP, Sosua, Cabarete) that sells engagment type rings?

You also might want to try odering online and get some impressive looking Costume jewelry and with the Cubic Zirconia they are making now you can pick up a 4 karat rock for $150.00 with 10k real gold ,so if it's ever lost, stolen or sold you have lost very little.

Last edited by a moderator:

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
Still there ??

Cause this thread is pretty old.

I would like to know if Patrick's in Sosua is still in bussiness.
And where is he located?
Or would you recommend another shop?

Thanks for answering.

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Cause this thread is pretty old.

I would like to know if Patrick's in Sosua is still in bussiness.
And where is he located?
Or would you recommend another shop?

Thanks for answering.

Patrick's is located next door to Maura Mai, did you meet her in Classicos or Passions?

Me make funny!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
The previously mentioned shop next to Bon ice-cream in Sosua is Premium Jewelry, owned by Allan Ramos who was indeed a designer with Harrisons (which are now closed both in Sosua and Cabarete).

Each time I have visited in recent times he has been open and offers a lovely range of all types of jewelry. He did an excellent repair for me and it was ready for collection within a couple of days as promised.