Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbrolick

Oct 30, 2006
I will be in Cabarete in two months, I was wondering is it easy to get to the countryside in Cabarete or Sosua, Puerto Plata? Is it safe I have done this before on trips to the Capitol. Should I get a tour guide? Spanish is very good.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Do you mean just driving around during the day? in the Cab, POP, Sosua countryside? Certainly not a problem, I do it and my spanish is far from perfect.

As long as your familur with DR driving techniques you'll be fine. If it's your first time DR driving I wouldn't venture too far. Since you've been there before you probably know the road rules are a little different.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
No really the same

Do you mean just driving around during the day? in the Cab, POP, Sosua countryside? Certainly not a problem, I do it and my spanish is far from perfect.

As long as your familur with DR driving techniques you'll be fine. If it's your first time DR driving I wouldn't venture too far. Since you've been there before you probably know the road rules are a little different.

As I was told once we have the same traffic laws as the USA, but here they are a suggestion.

mrbrolick

Oct 30, 2006
I will be driving around in the day, saw some cool pics of tourists riding atv's and motorcycles off road into the country socializing with friendly locals. I was just wondering who could i contact about directions to the country and where could i rent an atv from.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
those pictures are probably from organized trips. you can also do horse riding trips. all great fun.
when in cabarete just walk into any excursions office on the main street and check out their offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.