Facebook

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I am on Facebook, just joined about a month ago so still don't know how to navigate it much.
I love that it is not like some freak stripper show like MySpace, much more educated and adult audience and noone trying to post the nastiest looking pics (nast meaning - who has on the least amount of clothes).
I like it so far........
SHALENA

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Search on dr1.com - it should come up along with entries about a Danish TV channel called dr1.

Maybe this thread will give it a push in terms of membership - but all 'activity' is here on the forum. The group is there for members to find each other and to an extent to promote DR1 to the wider Facebook community.

Mar 2, 2008
I just recently joined. I can't say I use it often, and I can't say I use it effectively.

I guess I don't really get it's usefulness as yet, but at least my children check in on my page every once in awhile.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In my case it's all but replaced e-mail for communication with family and friends, and as someone with family and friends spread all over the world it is a great way of keeping in touch as well as re-establishing contact. For example, I like the way I can put up family photos and people can see them and comment on them if they like, but without the same obligation implied by an e-mail message. Same with exchanging information, opinions, ideas.

My e-mail is now almost entirely work-related and almost all my social communication is via Facebook. But it's really what you make of it. If you're concerned about privacy keep the personal details to the minimum. If you dislike all the trivia don't take part in it. If you don't want to inflate your friends list with people who aren't really your friends, don't send them or accept their friend requests. I got the hang of this as I went along.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here's the link to DR1 on facebook dr1.com | Facebook

I was forced to join by friends and family. Yipeeeeeeeee now I can read things like.....Anna is....wishing she wasn't freezing to death. Very exciting stuff like that :laugh:

Don't look for me, I don't want to be found. I prefer this message board ;)

I do like the games but they post everytime you play so I went to another site.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Here's the link to DR1 on facebook dr1.com | Facebook

I was forced to join by friends and family. Yipeeeeeeeee now I can read things like.....Anna is....wishing she wasn't freezing to death. Very exciting stuff like that :laugh:

Don't look for me, I don't want to be found. I prefer this message board ;)

I joined it but the majority of the people on it, I have never seen posting here...because I searched where it says "What is your user name" and don't recognize the majority
SHALENA

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I recognize most of the people that posted their username but I've been here a long time.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
I love facebook have been using it for years. I just joined the DR1 group so now I get to "see" the posters from this site. Well if they joined LOL
So come on you guys, lets see how many members we can get on facebook. Maybe we could do a Guiness World Record for most members jajaja :rolleyes:

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002

you should know that you can change your facebook user settings so no-one knows how often you play the games. on a sad note, nothing beats the tetris version that dr1 used to have in the arcade.

:classic: mob

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
facebook

ya i am also there. it is a good way to comunicate with the relatives. not my total cup of tea, but the kids like it. as do a lot of adults

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for that hint Mob, I miss my tetris here. I wonder if Robert forgot all about the arcade.