Apartment in Cabarete - Kite Beach

jonesth

Mar 27, 2009
I am hoping to come down to DR for 1-2 months and kiteboard. Does anyone know of nice apartment rentals (or a room in a house) close to Kite Beach (walking distance) for around $300 for 1 person? I plan to arrive mid to late April. Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Tucker

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Reactions: windeguy

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I am hoping to come down to DR for 1-2 months and kiteboard. Does anyone know of nice apartment rentals (or a room in a house) close to Kite Beach (walking distance) for around $300 for 1 person? I plan to arrive mid to late April. Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Tucker

You are not getting anything nice, safe for 300. Winde aprartments are nice. This is another alternative. Not 300, but then you save the money for transport if u really are into kitesurfing...

Cabarete, Force 10 Kiteboarding School - 932

Also, if u come down here for a couple of nights first, then decide... u save money. This is a really cool place to stay for a couple of days. Lot of kite surfers and surfers there...Good luck! http://www.alissurfcamp.com/

Last edited:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Thank you for recommending they check our Ad on DR1. I check the local rental prices and I have not seen anything safe ( we have 24/7 security, by the way) for $300 US per month in Cabarete. (Our ad says starting at $300 US per month. The only way someone can get that price is for our efficiency apartment if they take the chance at showing up last minute and the apartment is available long term.)

From time to time, you might find a place in Callejon de la Loma for what appears to be a bargain price, but you will be staying in what we call "Little Columbia" for all the drug deals that go down. Not recommended.

Very true about Callejon de la loma, can?t keep track of friends that stayed there and lost there laptops etc. Saving 100 bucks and then loose it all, not smart.

I thought the winde apartments started at 400... 300 is a very good deal. No, I do not get any commission. :)