Nightlife Between SantoDomingo and Barahona

sosua.sam

Mar 30, 2009
Eco-Nightlife in Barahona
Hola! I am an eco-tourist headed to explore the lagos and surrounding habitat past Barahona.

My interest in wildlife also extends to homo sapiens of the female gender.

May one meet same, amateur or professional, in the region of Barahona? And where?

Lodging: Can anyone recommend a small, friendly hotel/motel - under $100 - in or past Barahona?

Finally, any drop dead must see photo-ops from Santo Domingo to the lagos and back?

Gracias!

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Hi Sosua.Sam:

Are you looking for wildlife or nightlife? or both?

If anything, Barahona offers a very active nightlife, I think it has more discos than private schools, or any schools for the matter.

Photo ops you will find at every turn, Barahona has the most diverse ecology in all the Caribbean.

When you say hotels under 100 I"m sure you mean 100 dollars... there's plenty. Please specify what you're looking for, most hotels in Barahona are under the $100 dollar range, except Casa Bonita

sosua.sam

Mar 30, 2009
Gone-a to Barahona

Thanks for your response! Yah, in the day time I plan to photo around Lago E., hopefully see some cool critters.

Hotelwise, I need the room to be insect-free, light, roomy but not necessarily luxurious, just clean and spacious. $100 USD is the max, why spend more.

Have you a hotel in mind? Any adventures you recommend? Any secret spots off the beaten track where prehistoric iguanas contend with pterodactyl-type aves?

Thanks!

S.S