Memorial Day U.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbrolick

Oct 30, 2006
I will be coming to Cabarete on Memorial Day weekend. May20 to May25. I know in Punta Cana on that weekend there are alot of tourist from the U.S throwing parties. I was just wondering does this take place in Cabarete,Sosua or Puerto Plata?

elgoon

Apr 10, 2009
I'm curious to know also. Me and my boys will also be in Cabarete at that time

Carolina Guy

Feb 26, 2009
i'd like to know the same thing! maybe we can throw our own party? friday (22nd) or saturday (23rd) night in Cabarete ...

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Memorial day here has no special celebration, even to us US expats. There are no special parties or celebrations here on the north coast that i am aware of.

Bob K

Jan 17, 2009
I'm sure that we expats celebrated memorial day weekend when we were in the US in one way or the other. The thing is that there are not that many Americans in Cabarete, and since it is not a holiday here but just one more work day, especially for those of us who work weekends.... You won't see celebrations for the 4th of July either (I miss them!!), but our family still celebrates Thanksgiving.

Anyway, if there's enough of you coming on Memorial Day weekend I'll be glad to organize a get together (that's if I'm back; in Virginia for a few more weeks).

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Hey , I enjoyed the heck out of myself, at Rocky,s 4th of July party last year............

So let's think positive........

Even if it's a get together on the beach.........Cabarete or Sosua...........:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.