Client Application Status? RE- Immigration Canada

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I have sent to application to the Mississauga office around March 1st via UPS, so it arrived the next day. Now when i go to the cic.gc.ca to check the status it says: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided...". I enter the Receipt Number. It says applications received up to March 9, 2009 are precessed within 32 days. I know ours was received up to the 9th and it means should be processed by April 11 or so, but shouldn't there be at least "In Process" or "Received" or something under our file? Thanks.

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
I have sent to application to the Mississauga office around March 1st via UPS, so it arrived the next day. Now when i go to the cic.gc.ca to check the status it says: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided...". I enter the Receipt Number. It says applications received up to March 9, 2009 are precessed within 32 days. I know ours was received up to the 9th and it means should be processed by April 11 or so, but shouldn't there be at least "In Process" or "Received" or something under our file? Thanks.

Liam1;

I am not sure what application you filed. We have sent in two applications over the past 3 years for sponsoring/application for spouse and sponsoring/application for child. The client status only changed when they approved me as the sponsor. It will state decision made.

There are two parts to this. Mississauga approves the sponsoring while Haiti approves the application. Once Mississauga has finished with their part they send it to Haiti. Then Haiti approves the applicant. In my experience it has taken 4 months each time to see that Haiti has started the process and you will see "in Process".

I hope this answered your question
Sandy

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I sent application to sponsor my wife, and as i understand it takes Mississauga up to 32 days to process the application, if i am approved as a sponsor they then send it to Haiti. I am wondering while the application is in process in Mississauga should it say so on the web site? How do i know they even received the envelope? Thanks.

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
I sent application to sponsor my wife, and as i understand it takes Mississauga up to 32 days to process the application, if i am approved as a sponsor they then send it to Haiti. I am wondering while the application is in process in Mississauga should it say so on the web site? How do i know they even received the envelope? Thanks.

Hi Liam1

It won't say in process. The only way you will know they received it is through tracking it with UPS. You will only see it change when they have made their decision. You should be hearing anytime soon. I think the last application for us took around 5 weeks.

Sandy

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
UPS says delivered on March 6. I guess it should be soon then. I am worried whether they will approve me as a sponsor because i live exclusively outside Canada. This is the most crucial step. If that is approved then the rest is just a matter of time. Thank you for your replies.

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
UPS says delivered on March 6. I guess it should be soon then. I am worried whether they will approve me as a sponsor because i live exclusively outside Canada. This is the most crucial step. If that is approved then the rest is just a matter of time. Thank you for your replies.

Good luck Liam!

Johana

May 24, 2006
Liam,
you will need your client ID number in order to use the ECas system. You will receive this when you receive your approval letter. Although by then you will know you are approved.

The only other way to check it is using the receipt number you received from payment of the fees. I'm not sure if it will tell you if it was received or not. If you have confirmation from UPS that it was delivered I would try and not worry too much. They are pretty close with the dates regarding when they will process the sponsor application so you should know within a couple of weeks.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Thanks for the replies. Do they mostly keep in contact via e-mail or regular mail?

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
It really depends, we got most of our communication from them by regular mail, but now they have started emailing us. Maybe they are becoming more efficient now. It seems most people are getting emails more recently.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Is there any way to request e-mail only? We live in an apartment building and I'm not sure the mailman always puts the mail in the right slots.