Is it possible to get the National Geographic Channel in english in Santo Domingo?

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
I spent 30 days ( a whole month) in Santo Domingo checking out the city. I stayed at Hotel Riperabella on Calle Danae #35 in Gazcue. Most of the channels I like here in the USA like the National Geographic channel were in spanish. Could I get most english speaking programs like this with a satelitle dish or a cable provider other than Telecast (or it might have been called Telecable) if I lived in the Santo Domingo? I think Hotel Villa Residencial which was within 2 minutes walking distance of Hotel Riperbella was a much better hotel than Hotel Riperbella for 300 pesos less per day. The rooms in Hotel Villa Residencia are bigger and more modern. What are the different cable providers in Santo Domingo to choose from?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
No

I spent 30 days ( a whole month) in Santo Domingo checking out the city. I stayed at Hotel Riperabella on Calle Danae #35 in Gazcue. Most of the channels I like here in the USA like the National Geographic channel were in spanish. Could I get most english speaking programs like this with a satelitle dish or a cable provider other than Telecast (or it might have been called Telecable) if I lived in the Santo Domingo? I think Hotel Villa Residencial which was within 2 minutes walking distance of Hotel Riperbella was a much better hotel than Hotel Riperbella for 300 pesos less per day. The rooms in Hotel Villa Residencia are bigger and more modern. What are the different cable providers in Santo Domingo to choose from?

You can get the three networks plus CNN and Fox and some movies in English from Telecable.

But all the cartoons are in Spanish

And all the animals speak Spanish as well

You might want to consider learning it.

Reactions: Celt202

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004

claro tv has all the Nat Geographic channels,and similar ones in english...you can actually change the language on most channels.
bob

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
You can get the three networks plus CNN and Fox and some movies in English from Telecable.

But all the cartoons are in Spanish

And all the animals speak Spanish as well

You might want to consider learning it.

I guess if I will be attending the university in Santo Domigo called INTEC then I will be learning a ton of spanish. I know spanish fairly well now, I need to learn all my verbs (past, present, future). I might get a masters degree and medical degree from INTEC (instituto technologico de santo domingo). I did visit the campus at INTEC and it seem fairly modern by dominican standards. I had to fly back to the USA for a month or two because my mother was hospitalized. But when I start classes at INTEC, no more flying back and forth for the slighest family emergency. INTEC is a real cool university and I think I will like studying there.