Dual Sport Motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdnRanger

Mar 27, 2009
Hello
I will be in Sosua on the 17th for a couple of weeks and intend on traveling inland by motorcyle. I am an experienced rider in similar conditions and thus far can only find guided tours or small enduros. Im looking for an enduro larger than say 250cc or a larger dual sport such as a KLR. Can anyone help me out directly or point me in the right direction.
Cheers.
By the way thanks for the other information I have already collected from this site.
Bruce.

CdnRanger

Mar 27, 2009
Thanks Tamborista
I PM'd Cobraboy... As for motocaribe.. there rides look great and they have been very helpful with routes etc but they do not rent thier bikes to privateers. I also cant afford them. My intent is a self guided tour of cigar country and some of the National PArk areas.
Cheers.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
They don't exist in the DR.

I heard a guy in Cabrete rents Harleys for $150 per day.

Some places rent motos and pasola's. That's about it.

The problem is that insurance comanies will not insure them. No "big bike" in the DR can get insurance for liability, theft and/or collision. MotoCaribe had to agree to certain measures to get insurance: bikes would ONLY travel in a group led by a MC employee, bikes always stored and chained together in guarded resorts, and bikes would be chained together between tours.

Things of value in the DR tend to grow legs and disappear when left unattended.

Status
Not open for further replies.