Questions about transport to/from Salcedo

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
First post from DR! YAY!

I was wondering if there are guaguas going to Santiago or La Vega from Salcedo, without having to go down to SD? If so, where do I take them?

Does anyone know the best way to visit the Hermanas Mirabal museum? Should we take Caribe Tours to Salcedo or to Tenares and then a cabbie (or guagua)? How about how to go to Ojo de Agua to see the house where they lived (and take pictures of the outside, we don't wanna disturb anyone).

Thanks in advance.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Yes from Santiago to Salcedo; La parada de guaguas is located at Paque Los Chachaces, corner of Calle Restauracion & Sabana Larga.
From La Vega to salcedo La parada de guaguas is located at Av. Rivas by "El mercado" and "Casa Mora" biggest store in La vega.
Hermanas Mirabal Museum is one mile off salcedo road to San Francisco De Macoris, cath a carro publico.
You can also take a Caribe Tours from La Vega to Salcedo but they don't make the rout Santiago / Salcedo.
Yes you can take pictures.

JJ

Reactions: mariel

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Good information to copy and past in your documents folder, folks....JIC.

thanks Bachata...

HB

cayatrans

Apr 9, 2009
nice folk's in Sosua & Cabarete love these places thinking of mouving in dominican republic soon as i get enough cash aaaaaaaaaahahah to cold in canada