Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable...Canadian Embassy in Haiti is dysfunctional!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Unacceptable...Canadian Embassy in Haiti is dysfunctional!

What are they doing in Haiti....seriously

My husband was called to pick up his proof of relationship documents and passport and visa on March 30.

When we arrived they only had the proof of relationship documents and told us the passport was sent separately on April 1 and we would have to come back this week to get it.

Yesterday my husband was went to pick up his passport and visa.

He went alone to get it because I couldnt make the trip twice with our little baby in the bus for 9 hours.

He got his passport and visa and there was a 2nd visa in his passport....by coincidence belonging to a friend of ours.

They crossed out the wrong visa with an x....no official stamp or document indicating it has been voided out.

This morning Haiti called to say he cant go to Canada with 2 visas in his passport. I have been told this has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE and they dont know how to deal with it.

We are now waiting to see what they are going to do about it as his medical expires on April 23 and everything is closing for Semana Santa.

Our flight is booked for April 16......who wants to make bets whether we are all on the plane together?!

They really need to get their act together....this is ridiculous!

Sangria

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Your taxes at work. Try contacting your MP, that seems to be helpful to people lately. Good luck.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Sangria,

I can't believe that happened...that is insane that they messed up something so important and all they say is that they don't know how to fix it. I wish you luck with getting that sorted out.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i am in the DR....my MP cant help me here

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

You are still a Canadian citizen and resident. He should be able to have access to your file and see what went wrong, and hopefully help you.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

haiti just called again, we are to go to the embassy in haiti on tuesday to have the 2nd persons visa voided.

WHAT A WASTE....they have been sending all over the place....i wish i could bill them for our time and trouble.

on a positive note, i guess we will still be able to go home together next thursday

liam you have to sign a declaration for them to have permission to access your file which is impossible across the ocean....

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sangria View Post
    liam you have to sign a declaration for them to have permission to access your file which is impossible across the ocean....

Thank you for that info. I did not know that. Good luck again.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok this is absolutely crazy!!!

When I went to my MP I didn't have to sign anything and they contacted Haiti twice on our behalf. Actually, I was quite amazed that all I had to do was provide both our full names and birthdates and voila they had access to the information.

But why are they making you travel to Haiti when it's their mistake? Considering their own website advises against all non-essential travel to the country and it's their mistake they should send an officer to Santo Domingo and at least meet you there.

Although I'm sure at this point you're willing to go just to get the visa sorted out so you can all come home together as planned. I'm sure you will be very greatful once you reach Canadian soil

Hopefully the other person will now not have trouble because their visa was "issued" and "cancelled".

Best of luck and we'll all be waiting for your post that you made it to Canada together.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

the other person is ok....thank goodness they are our friends so they are straightening everything out for them.

our 2 options are to courier our passport back to haiti and because of semana santa it would not arrive until late next week. my husbands medical expires apr 23 and he needs to be in canada before that date. there isnt enough time to send the courier both ways.

the other option is to go to haiti and have the 2nd visa cancelled ... done and easy in 1 day...i hope.

if we didnt have a deadline of april23 we would use the courier but we want this done and need it done quickly.

I HATE IMMIGRATION!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

wow sangria...this is just too much eh.
    Well at least we know that Socio's visa is around the corner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast