Great improvements to Golden West Gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
I must say that I am impressed with the improvements in the gym. New flooring and plates cleaned up.....missing some needed dumbells though! They also repadded the benches and other machines.....150 pesos daily rate

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
I must say that I am impressed with the improvements in the gym. New flooring and plates cleaned up.....missing some needed dumbells though! They also repadded the benches and other machines.....150 pesos daily rate

can you give me the exact address please or closest landmark

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Golden Park

Golden Park Gym is on the right as you leave Sosua going towards Cabarete just past Productos Sosua Supermarket. Problem in the warm months is the heat. Without air conditioning I find it hard to push myself to exercise.
There are three other gyms in town as competition. In downtown Sosua, Platimums has air conditioning, squash courts, friendly staff, beautiful ocean view and its immaculately clean. Even the slight possibility of catching drug resistant staph infection makes me choose clean over price. Platinums is located on the top floor of the big three story building near the El Batey end of Sosua Beach. No, I do not work for them but I have used all of the gyms in Sosua and without a doubt Platinums is my favorite. There is one other option and that's Gold's Gym in Sosua Ocean Village. If you enjoy working out by yourself you will like Gold's as they have virtually no members after pricing themselves completely out of the market.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
whats staff infection- air conditioning units often cause problems with legionaires disease

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
staph?

As a former competitive athlete at every level and now quite up there in age I have found that after a workout a hot shower with soap will reduce the chances of staff, impitigo, and ringworm. Granted it is nice to be in a gym where the eqip is clean.....a 9 to 1 solution of water to bleach is adequate to clean weight eqip pads. Bacteria grows in warm dark places so remember that when you are out of the gym and visiting those places like Classico Disco!

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
As a former competitive athlete at every level and now quite up there in age I have found that after a workout a hot shower with soap will reduce the chances of staff, impitigo, and ringworm. Granted it is nice to be in a gym where the eqip is clean.....a 9 to 1 solution of water to bleach is adequate to clean weight eqip pads. Bacteria grows in warm dark places so remember that when you are out of the gym and visiting those places like Classico Disco!
:ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
pmey27

Is this guy drunk again never see him working out, would not a good gym from a Bar.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
There are three other gyms in town as competition. QUOTE]

D'Lois Gym on Pedro Clisante( less then two years old) is a real good option as well. Pricing, staffing, facilities, cleanliness, equipment, and and also includes aerobics/cycling and power yoga classes each day for all their members!

Status
Not open for further replies.