Hotel Residence City

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
anyone ever stay here recently? I was searching the forum for any information or reviews and came up empty handed. This seems like a nice place, centrally located in la capital. Anyone have any info? the address I found on Tripadvisor is:
Jose Contreras No. 28
don't know if that helps, it is in the Zona Universitaria if that helps any.

J :ermm:

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
I have stayed in the Hotel Residence City a couple of times. It is basic and a bit pricey, although OK. They have studio, one and two bedroom units on several floors. You will usually always have electricity and hot water, although the A/C works only in the evenings and at night. There is daily maid service. The cooking facilities are pretty basic. Night security is good and it is guest friendly. There is limited parking out front.

The place has been up for sale for some time. It is German owned. The owners have a real estate company onsite. I believe there are photos of the hotel and rooms on their website. Check it out at:

Properties, Homes and Land for sale in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Bavaro, Samana and Las Terrenas.

The German owners are quite nice. Great to sit and chat with them on the terrace out front. The Hotel is a couple of blocks west of Maximo Gomez in the Zona Universitaria so there is plenty of eye candy in the area. There is a supermarket close by as well as a few banks. It is a bit of a distance away from Zona Colonial and the Malecon, if that's where you like to hang out.

Traffic in the area is absolutely crazy, takes a lot of time to drive anywhere. Had a GuaGua side swipe me and speed away one time before AMET could get to him.

Fortunately, I now rent an apartment in Santo Domingo, so I don't have to search for and hope to find a decent hotel anymore.........

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey Yachtmaster, thanks for the info! and thanks for the link too! i like this place because it is right in the middle of the capital. i've been on Maximo Gomez plenty of times and know the nightmarish traffic patterns. Crazy you got side swiped by a gua gua, it's no surprise given how ridiculous people drive everywhere....i just have to be careful when i do go out. I wonder why the place is for sale? seems like a good place for a hotel....i will put it on my list to check out and see if i like it :)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Mike Westphal and his partner are great guys. I forget the partner's name; Gary maybe?

Some friends of mine from Brazil stayed there for a month last summer and loved it.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
I just checked their website out, this looks like a good place to stay at since it is right in the center of la capital. I for one am looking forward to it and meet & greet Mike too. Looks like they have it together on their real estate website!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
the real estate company at the base of the hotel is run by Mike and Toni, I will be sure to stop by and send my regards! Probably stay at the hotel for a night or two to check it out! :)