Best Bars In Santiago

Depends what you are looking for. I prefer to goto Ahi bar which is located near the monument behind Cucaramacara restaurant. Nice crowd of middle class working people from Santiago, outdoors, Kareoke and giant screen TV for sports. Ohh and some very hot non putas from Santiago.

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
Ahi bar is always a winner,nice crowd,good drinks,priced accordingly.one of my favorites,unless you passiones...

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
air conditioned bars??? as reported elsewhere. Supposed to be a dozen bars w/a/c in santiago, but no one has actually named one Except for one terse response 'try cz ' where is the bar called cz..???
I know you guys have electric problems.
Please .....Is this possible to have the names of bars... and i know that Fridays has....

Instead of naming a bunch of bars I'd just advise you to head to the area around the monument and you'll have your pick of good bars. A lot of them are open, so you won't need a/c. Nights in Santiago aren't humid and sticky like on the North Coast. Dress accordingly and it shouldn't be an issue. I'm usually a stickler for a/c, but have never been bothered by the temperature at night. Even during the hottest summer months.

My favorite, Ahibar, has already been mentioned. Though I'm not really impressed with the food, the atmosphere more than makes up for it.

And who needs great food and a/c when you have cold drinks and beautiful women?;)

Vince.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
That strip with 'AhiBar' down to 'One Way' all seem interesting.

If you pass TGIFridays on your left, you then turn left at the stoplight and maybe a mile (?) down the road on the right hand side there's a happening spot that looks ok. What's that place called and what's it all about?

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I think you are talking about H2O, near the O&M university. I think it is mostly university/younger crowd there.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Tribeca, Dolce, The club-formerly-called-Zoom-now-called-Glam, or something like that, MOMA all have a/c, I think the Out 27 sports bar near PUCMM has a/c...

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
H2O, That's the place. It's always cracking when I drive my there but I've never gone in.

frank617

Jan 12, 2009
Francifol has a/c and is easily the best bar in Santiago. It's located on Calle de Sol. BTW, it's also the most expensive. Or MOMA is the most expensive, but Francifol is way better than MOMA. H2O is not a bar. It's a liquor store with an outdoor seating area. It has an early crowd, so you can check it out before hitting the late night hot spots. Hope this helps.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Instead of naming a bunch of bars I'd just advise you to head to the area around the monument and you'll have your pick of good bars. A lot of them are open, so you won't need a/c. Nights in Santiago aren't humid and sticky like on the North Coast. Dress accordingly and it shouldn't be an issue. I'm usually a stickler for a/c, but have never been bothered by the temperature at night. Even during the hottest summer months.
Vince.

Yeah right, that is exactly what I miss of my town. you don't need to be in close areas breathing the re-circled air.

JJ