Sosua and Rocky's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.traveler

Jan 1, 2009
Just returned from DR and spent 4 days in Sosua and had a great time.

I know advertising is not supposed to be here, but I wanted to thank Rick and the other staff at Rocky's for supplying a great and peaceful vacation.

Reactions: Rocky

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just returned from DR and spent 4 days in Sosua and had a great time.

I know advertising is not supposed to be here, but I wanted to thank Rick and the other staff at Rocky's for supplying a great and peaceful vacation.

3rd party endorsements are fine. Glad you had a good time.

A

apostropheman

How about hot water?
I don't believe that's ever been an issue.

Have you ever actually stayed at Rocky's? ;)

I and many other have stayed there and have written many positive endorsements. That pretty much says it all as far as I'm concerned. :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

Reactions: FernieBee

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
I and many other have stayed there and have written many positive endorsements.
I've stayed at Rocky's (hotel and condo) and liked it. My hotel room and condo unit both had AC. Plus, you get great service and advice from the Rocky's staff.

I'm going back for more Sosua and more Rocky's.

:glasses:

La Verdad

Jan 4, 2009
I am looking for a room with an iron, my knickers need a quickie before going out on the town.

L V

M

Markf128

I have never been at Rocky's. That is the reason why I was asking those questions. It seems that some people are too defensive when it comes down to simple question on regard's to Marco's place.

Anyway, how much for a room with A/C, and Cable TV? By the way, does he have WIFI?

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
I have never been at Rocky's. That is the reason why I was asking those questions. It seems that some people are too defensive when it comes down to simple question on regard's to Marco's place.

Anyway, how much for a room with A/C, and Cable TV? By the way, does he have WIFI?

Google is my friend.

link
(1st result on the Google list, linked above)

Reactions: LuvtheDR

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

Then, what is your problem? Rocky's is renowned for ribs and good quality inexpensive accommodation and what makes you so aggressive towards "Marco's place". You are obviously not up with the times.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004

Do you understand the difference between "endorsements" and "defensive".

Either way, you wouldnt get it unless you had been there so why get your feathers ruffled?:bunny:

PS All your questions have been sanswered on here several times over...the "search function" is your friend!

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
I've stayed there and thought it was great. All of my needs were met. As a bonus, Marco is one of the wittiest cusses I've ever met, and Rick is absolutely great, keeping both employees and new and returning guests in mind. He is striking a great balance!

A

apostropheman

really...

http://www.dr1.com/forums/698244-post6.html

Then why ever would you post this? ;)

Rocky's in New Years Eve, I don't think so! Too many old people in there including the owner.

Sounds to me like you've an axe to grind and are trying to sabotage Rocky's. Interesting reading, this thread...starting at post #6 :D:bunny::bunny:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/81835-new-years-eve-sosua.html#post698244

I especially like the 9th post! :cheeky: Hit the nail on the head I'd say...jejeje ;)

A

apostropheman

Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic
Google is my friend.

link
(1st result on the Google list, linked above)

Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar - Restaurant - Hotel
spacer.gif

Rocky's is a "downhome" type of friendly bar that caters mostly to expatriates and tourists.
A variety of reasons makes Rocky's the most popular bar in Sosua. Inexpensive food, great music and moderately priced accommodations surely top the list of why people go to Rocky's in the first place, but its real charm is the ambience. Friendly staff and an amazing array of folks that frequent the bar is why they keep coming back.

Conveniently located in the heart of Sosua, Rocky's is a five minute walk from the beach, one minute from public transport and a half mile from Heaven.
The moderately priced hotel rooms, ($25 US./night) offer clean modest accommodations which include hot water, colour television with cablevision, security box (safe), private bathrooms, comfortable beds, 24 hour electricity and good security.
The restaurant serves Canadian-American style food at convenient prices. Breakfast is served from 7 AM. A self-serve pot of coffee is set on each table and is included in the price. Rocky's "World Famous Ribs", Lemon Chicken, Shish-Kebabs, Steak Filets, Pizzas, Kentucky Style Fried Chicken, Spaghetti, Submarines, Sandwiches and Salads complete the menu.
The bar is easy going and friendly. A wide assortment of great sounding music plays in the background during the daytime and picks up throughout the evening. Tropical cocktails, Cuba Libres, Presidente beer and our famous "Mamajuana" shooters, combined with the melting pot of people that frequent the bar, make up the heart and soul of Rocky's.
A variety of services such as FREE airport pick-up for hotel guests, travel information from people who really know, public internet service, FREE Wifi, security box (safe), multi-lingual staff and more, make Rocky's a great place to visit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe there is a small surcharge for the A/C of $5 a night.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Mark, weren't you the person thinking of moving to Montellano? Might I respectfully suggest that you don't go down the route of knocking Rocky? People are not defensive about the establishment but they are protective of a friend. There are few, VERY few expats here, whom I would trust enough to have behind me when the chips really go down. Rocky is one of the very few. You might want to reflect on that if you're thinking of joining the expat fraternity here.

If, on the other hand, you're another armchair wannabee expat, then you'd be unlikely to ever need his help. Or mine, of course. :)

It seems that some people are too defensive when it comes down to simple question on regard's to Marco's place.

Now let's get back to the spirit of this thread which was a simple thankyou by the OP for a great vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.