What are the chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailor

Apr 11, 2009
Ok il start my story sorry buts its pretty long..... It all started dec 2006 went to punta cana with my family met a dancer at the hotel fell for for him but realised pretty soon he was just interested in getting to u.k thats where im from so finished with him and found out later he had another girl pregnant from france and had got a visa to go there! I continued travelling to D.R as i loved the country everything music, dancing, people way of life etc, anyway i was on my 8 trip there with friends sept 2008 and met a singer at the hotel same age as me 26 we got talking it was his first job working in a Hotel had only been there 2 months couldnt speak any English! I had being learning spanish 6 mths so new the basics which we got by on! Any way cut a long story short i explained i had had boyfriend before and new all about dominican boys!( Have read all on sankies) and wasnt interested in having another one! Despite this when i returned bk to England we began txting everyday talking on msn for hours etc, since i have returned 4 times in last 6 mths been to his house in san cristobal met his family stayed with him in self catering apartments we are now in love!! And he really is unlike any dominican i have met or any boy here. Before me he had only dominican girlfriends he hasnt mentioned wanting to go to England just that he wants to be with me he doesnt care where. He always pays when he can he cooks for me and does everything for me! He is also learning English now. We want to be together but it is very dificult for the following reasons i am not rich i am self emplyed working part time and recieve some housing benefit and council tax (money from government) as i am a single parent of a 6 yr old my rent is very high ?800 p/ month and im sure because of this he would not be allowed to come here to be with me even when we eventually marry (we are planning on next year) on a spouse visa becuase i do not earn enough alone to support him. I would be happy to live there even if my life would be worse materialistically i know i would be happier emotionally, but i cannot take my son out of this country as its not fair on him also he is very close with his father here. I am just so confused about what to do and what are our options to be together if there are any? My boyfriend is currently looking to work singing in france or spain on a work visa as at least we could be closer together. He has been offered a job on a cruise around Europe but turned it down becuase it was for 8 months and would not be able to see me. I just got back from D.R 3 weeks ago and am planning on going back to stay with him in june but i need a plan for long term as i have already spent at least ?10,000 the last 12 times and can not continue forever like this. I have said all this to my boyfriend he says he cant live without me and will fight and do everything he can to be with me he is trying his best...... has anyone being in my situation or have any ideas how we can be together please????? sorry for bad writing

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
well,to be honest with you in order to be able to live with him in the uk you need to get a full time job and try not to get any benefit from the governement but you know that already.
also is difficult to judge a situation without knowing the reality of your relation,only you know what going on,i personally followed my guts and im happily married now but i knew telling my story on dr1 would have put me off,because unfortunately lots of relation dominican/foreigner tend to be based on material needs but i know also a lot of happily couple so its not that bad.
also you said your first boyfriend there as visa for france because he got a french girl pregnant,unless he got married to her its impossible to get a visa for france,even harder than canada.
wish you good luck and 10000 pounds its a lot of money.

tailor

Apr 11, 2009
Im not sure what kind of visa he got he only went to france for 3 months hes back in D.R now and i believe he did marry her also.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Just out of curiosity...This money that you get from the government, what is it for? Are the taxpayers paying for you to receive this money? If so, you should be ashamed of yourself. If you can come to the DR 12 times and spend over 10,000 pounds (I don't even know how many dollars that is but it sounds like alot) you need to get off your a$$ receiving government assistance.

If it is not government assistance paid for by taxpayers, then do what you feel. You will see in time if it is true or not, because if you do end up moving to the DR...it will only get better or worse (most likely worse if you do not have any money)

Anyway, sorry to jump on you at the beginning but 1 of the things I hate most is someone on government assistance that can seem to afford what most average citizens (who pay taxes and don't receive assistance) cannot
SHALENA

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you've told him that you have no money he will never believe you because of the amount of times you have gotten on a plane. You are rich as far as your actions show and as long as you LOOK rich he cannot live without you. Saying he will do anything to be with you are just words. What can he do for you? Support you for 6 months?

Tell him you will move there for 6 months to try it out but he needs to support you and pay rent and food. He will yes ok but you really have to mean it.

Have you gone into debt for these trips?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
housing benefit is to help you pay your rent!
let not jump on the conclusion yet,she might had the money given by family!
Then they should help her with her rent.
Honey, I say take the plunge...do the test and let your son spend the summer with his Dad and show up in DR with only $100 and your plane ticket back to England.
Depending on where he lives how long that $100 will last you and when it's gone, I give you a good 2 weeks before your a$$ is back on that plane and you are on here writing about how your prince has changed.
SHALENA

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
this issue in those relation is you need time to find out what the person worth,sometimes month sometime years.
but after you read all those advice on sanky and nothing matches the person you are with,then go ahead but dont accept what you would not accept from anybody else
in your home country.
my husband say very often the one who grew up near the tourist are the worst to trust ,but anything is possible

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
to come back also on the money matters,housing benefit dont make you a benefit scrougers,is just an help form the governement to pay your rent as life in england is so expensive.
i know people who are working and get it but deserve holidays,yes 10000 is a lot i agree!
and dont think a caution it as i get too much to get any help whatsoever.
my husband could not ever get cheap english lesson from the council as his visa did not allow him.

tailor

Apr 11, 2009
Yes its housing benefit to help pay for my rent, as for how did i pay i had some money from when my grandad died and my nan has helped me out the last few times i have been i have got really cheap flight couple days before ?180 and we stayed in cheap apartments $11 per nite he paid for food before and also stayed at his house for free. But can not stay at his house all the time as he works 5 days a week at hotel and his house is 4 hours away in san cristobal.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
to come back also on the money matters,housing benefit dont make you a benefit scrougers,is just an help form the governement to pay your rent as life in england is so expensive.
i know people who are working and get it but deserve holidays,yes 10000 is a lot i agree!
and dont think a caution it as i get too much to get any help whatsoever.
my husband could not ever get cheap english lesson from the council as his visa did not allow him.

12 times in 3 years= approximately 4 times a year more or less.
People who deserve to vacation like that are people that actually work full-time and not requesting government help...but I'll leave that alone because I am not even English, I am American so keep using up England's money while you take your Sankie adventures.
SHALENA

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
im not backing up anybody here as i say previously coming here and asking for some advice is a bit adventurous.
is just that sometimes the work sanky is used for any reason even so the person explain that she never been ask for money.

tailor

Apr 11, 2009
i understand i have been alot of times and people would be jealous but i save every penny i have i dont have car or debts like everyone else my age... every one has their weaknesses mine is D.R! I recieve housing benefit because i am a single parent with child, Its the government who give it out and goes straight to the landord!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think you mean "word"

is just that sometimes the work sanky is used for any reason even so the person explain that she never been ask for money.

My statement isn't about YOU personally so don't take it that way but the well trained scammers and con artists will never ask for money, EVER!. Everything will always be your idea. Hummmm how do they do that :cheeky:

I want to be with you, I can't live without you, no puedo vivir sin ti a mi lado amor. Who needs to ask for cash using those words with naive people?

Yes there might be some good ones in the sea of sharks but how would people know if they don't know the tricks? This is the place to learn about the tricks used by sharks so people can make decisions with eyes wide open.

Then if it works out we'll be happy and supportive. When people turn to a message board for this kind of help it means they have doubts? Why? Why ask questions on a relationship if they are so sure?

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
thanks anna to correct me and dont worry i dont take it personally,im far to happy and confident to even think that,is just my opinion nothing else.
i remember been on dr1 in the beginning of my relation and being totally scared of what i could read.i followed the advice and thanks god my husband never match any of those signs.
also i agree with those palabras that dominican can use,lol
i used to be jealous of those girls who received constantly email and text message from the novio there with,te amo,te extrano etc...
i never got anything,and its only now we married and expecting a baby,that he show me a bit more his soft side but my husband told me palabras mean nothing.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
and soon the word sanky is gonna loose its values as it been used for any dominican having a relation with a foreigners.

We don't use the word Sankie for all Dominicans, we know better than that, we use it for con artists and scammers which most time are easly spotted in the story when you've read 10 zillion times. :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.