Marriage Requirement

angie12

Apr 26, 2008
Hi!
I have read many posts regarding the requirements for marriage to a Dominican, however, there is one detail I have not found the answer to.

"Legal transcripts of the birth certificates, single status affidavit and divorce act need to be prepared at the Dominican consulate in the country where the documents were issued."

This is a problem for me, being that I am a Mexican citizen, living in the USA... does anyone have any idea how I can get help with this? Would I need to travel to Mexico just to get the birth certificates and other docs prepared at the Dominican consulate in that country?

I read all the legal posts and this question doesn't seem to be there...

help! :paranoid:

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I had the birth certificate faxed over to me, they don't need the original. The "single status affidavit" nobody asked for. (I have never been married before.)

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
i got married here in dr and being french citizen but living in england made it complicated
but i came here with my act of birth in french and my act of my divorce in english and my passeport,all translated in spanish by a lawyer and legalised by the canceleria,plus a act of soltera and it was enough to get married.