Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 Things to Do in 24hrs?

Post Thanks / Like

paradisus the reserve

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This book does NOT tell you that travel in the Dominican if you are an American is dangerous and difficult. Most Americans will just be going to the Dominican for a resort and guided excursions. It would not be appropriate for them to be wandering on their own through the Dominican Republic. I am glad I figured out it was best to stay on the resort after I got into Punta Cana and La Romana before this book got me into trouble!
    ===========================================================================

I have been visiting the DR since 1978 and have taken guaguas all over the country and back in the early 80's pickup trucks. I have never had any experiences that were dangerous other than a ride in a pickup from Sosua to Las Terrenas, in which the driver stopped every five minutes to put in brake fluid. I think the master cylinder was leaking. I bailed before he started up the hill around Sanchez. Of course, I know Spanish and something about the culture.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Where and what is Plaza Espaņa? People watching is a great activity. I need other venues besides El Conde . . . Hmm, perhaps this at the park at the terminal point of El Conde?

If it is, I'm very familiar with that, except for its name. Can you recommend a couple of other places for people watching, places where I might have a coffee and cigar??

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am living near Zona Colonial but I don't know HRC. What is it??

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Always crowded. Many choices; plato del dia with many selections; sandwich deli; wide selection of postres, coffee; menu for entrees. Also, this part of Independencia is nice for a walk as it is lined with shade trees. If you want to go to El Conde from here, just grab a guagua for RD 25. This part of Independencia is one-way. Also, if you need a good pharmacy, you will find Carrol pharmacies here as there are many medical clinics.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

How conducive is the Botanical Garden to people watching? Are there vendors, places to sit, cafes?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123