*ROUND 3.....Another DR trip!!......Need some KEY INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdsta21

Jun 21, 2008
Hey Whats Up DR fourms!!!

For those of you who have seen me on the fourms before you already know I am familiar with sosua and cabrete and the whole vibe of what goes on outside the resort. For those who have seen my other trip reports and post with photos and such were looking to do another North Coast big trip.;)

We just came back 2 weeks ago there was 13 of us we stayed at Breezes superclub for 2nd year in a row but this time we came with 13 people, resort was IDEAL for what we were looking for: big property, 24 hour beer/liqs, 24 snack bar, several restruantes, more than 1 jacuzzzi and more than 1 pool, also a big beach scene. ALthough this resort is getting sold and goin down we had great food and great time and the location to sosua and cabrete was prefect. The past 2 year have been legendary 2 say the least.....

However we are looking to switch up the resort, but staying on north coast(preferable close to sosua). Were going down in less than 2 months but we are undecided on the A/I.(we always do AI even though people always suggest us to do villas since AI are not Guest friendly but were not all about the chicas we like to enjoy the quality ammenties the resorts have to offer. Like breezes, set up was prefect, we are looking for something exactly the same if not better...They had that 24 Drink/alcohol and snack huge pool scene, a beautiful property with alot of discreet locations and cool places to party, mulitple pools jacuzzis and a big beach scene.

Were looking for a resort that is jsut as good as if not better than Breezes superclub and Breezes had tons of negative reviews but for young guys in the 20's it was ideal and food was terrific alot of choices. ANy resort that has 500+ rooms is What we are looking for becuase more people more chances of success with other vacationers increase, Obv.

SO pleasse any suggestion on were we should book our next excursion that would be greatly appreciaited keep in mind we want to stay very close to sosua, if not with 30mins of sosua....Also we need more than 3 speciality restruantes because that is important we can switch up meals, 24 hour liquor is also very important as is the resort property and pool scene.

So far i been considering:

Iberostar Costa Dorado- is almost a Lock but it a HUGE downside they stop serving liquor at 2am so we crossed it off.( i did Iberostar in Punta Cana when i was 16 on a weakk family trip and i was satisified but liquor 24 is a must), however all the amenities and property setup was ideal.

Sun Village- looks good but not sure if they got 24 hour Food and Liquor included also wasnt really sure if there we alot of rooms and actions at this resort. Were looking for a young crowd with a huge resort

Barcelo- this place looked prefect but wheres the beach, someone let me know if they ever fixed that situation becuase it looks like there was only 10ft of sand before the ocean so we can't do that.

SO please help us guys were looking pretty much for a exact mimic of Breezes but a star better with more of everything. At your kindest convenience throw me as muchhh info as you can toward my next classic trippp....;)

Thanks Greg M

Murdsta21

Jun 21, 2008
damn today is friday and i got know feedback. I hope all the bronze, silver, gold & Plat and Mods are Ok.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey Murdsta21, i only know of two resorts in Sosua that I have heard great reviews of. However, I do not know if they are 24 hour all inclusive. Most resorts have restaurants that serve buffets or lunches or dinners only and some have limited hours for alcohol. Do some research and see what you can dig up on them or ask around in the forum if anyone has stayed in either of these resorts [i have not since i dont like to stay in AI much....]:
Sosua Bay Club
Sosua By The Sea

good luck and hope you find what you are looking for!

Murdsta21

Jun 21, 2008
thanks alot jalen i appreciate your advice and help, just looking to get another big trip going!!!

Vetania

Apr 22, 2008
Well if you do not want all inclusive, I suggest Agualina in Cabarete, and Sans Souci at the end of the beach in Cabarete. I have stayed at both and have enjoyed both. Janet's supermarket is very close to Sans Souci, which is a bonus. Never stay at sans Souci in the middle of cabarete as it has an all night disco close by. Ok

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
There is also Casa Marina in Sosua, but they do not have 24 hour bars.

You can also try the RIU resorts as they have Liquior Dispensers in the room!!!!

The resorts that you have mentioned are good one. Myself, I love Breezes and have been there about 6 times. Everytime I am down there now I get a day pass.

What you shhold try to do is rent a villa. You can still have all the fun but you have more freedom. Buying your own booze isn't that expensive and you have many different resturant choices. Believe me, my friends and I have had way better times doing this. I know of some really nice places that you can stay at. Send me a PM if you are interested and I can help you out.

Also if you have any questions about the other resorts you were talking about I am more then willing to help out.

I saw your pics from your last trips and belive me it brought back some good memories from when I was at Breezes.

Good luck!!

Last edited:

Murdsta21

Jun 21, 2008
vetania and especially sammy thanks so much for the info, i will definitely take all of it into account...any more advice for anyone else on resorts that fit my criteria is greatly appreciated.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Murdsta, do you HAVE to look for AI resorts? every time i go back i just need a room to sleep in. the money i spend on alcohol is minimal aka suffice when staying in a local hotel and just buying your own alcohol to either bring back to your room or just enjoy in the streets or with company. no one is going to bug you not to drink openly in public or in your room or in a hotel property. i can see you worrying about eating late in the evening/early morning but you put more emphasis on alcohol than food so what the deal? save yourself a considerable amount of money by either renting out a villa and stacking that up with tons of rum or just stay in a regular hotel up north and enjoy the sosua night life which goes on LATE throughout the evening. you'll save a ton of money you can believe that!

jtrav101

Jul 21, 2008
What do you think about Harmony Sea Lane Condos? Thinking of staying there for Memorial Day Wknd. Group of guys in late 20's.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
What do you think about Harmony Sea Lane Condos? Thinking of staying there for Memorial Day Wknd. Group of guys in late 20's.

I know the place... you would be hard pressed to find better in terms of location or quality. you can do different, not sure you could do better!

Long track record of satisfaction with all their condos.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Iberostar is somehat isolated, the Riu hotels are VERY isolated. Sun Village is closed, will probably re-open soon as a different hotel, but is even more isolated, Breezes is still closed....

If you want an AI that is still close to some action, book any of the resorts in Playa Dorada...It is a complex with about a dozen AI resorts. Im not sure if any have 24/7 bars, but there are several nightclubs right within the complex and they're open until at least 4 am...plus you can rent a van with driver to take you to Sosua whenever you want.

Also, Viva Wyndham Tangerine in Cabarete sounds like a good fit for your group...it's an AI only a couple of minutes from the center of Cabarete (with an excellent nightime clubscene) and less than a 10 minute taxi ride to Sosua...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.