Hello this is my first post on DR1!!

Santiagoguy

Apr 21, 2009
Hello to all of you, this is my first time posting on DR1, although I have been reading your posts for a cpl of years now and have found alot of helpful threads on here, I never really felt the need to post myself.

Anyways, Im a Canadian living in Santiago and was told last week that I will be out of a place to live in 2 months (landlord selling house for who knows what). I was wondering if anyone had any leads on a small,decent house for rent in any part of santiago within the $3000 - $6000 peso a month budget range?? or any good websites that havent been mentioned on here b4?

Thanks for your help and hope to be posting on here a bit more in the future now that I've introduced myself ;)

-CHEERS!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hey, Santiagoguy! I will ask my friend Patricio and see what he says, he is in Real Estate. Good Luck!
Don't hide anymore....we here in Santiago are good people!!!
(Not that the others in other parts of the country aren't!)
SHALENA

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
doesn anyone actually rent a house for that price range you are looking for? that seems to small a payment for a whole house....even an apartment? though i may be wrong...i am not familiar with the Santiago region or what real estate/rentals go for these days...

Santiagoguy

Apr 21, 2009
yes Jalen, in Santiago u can find houses for rent anywhere from $2000 pesos up. Where I am now ( Urbanizacion Real) Im renting a 3 bedroom home for $5000 pesos a month. unfortunately the owner wants to sell n leave me out.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
whoa

yes Jalen, in Santiago u can find houses for rent anywhere from $2000 pesos up. Where I am now ( Urbanizacion Real) Im renting a 3 bedroom home for $5000 pesos a month. unfortunately the owner wants to sell n leave me out.

thats amazing someone would rent out a HOUSE for $2000RD? ive never heard of rent so low on a home. it makes more sense to rent a full house than rent an apartment then if you are in the Santiago area. good luck finding something. does dr1 have any rentals posted in the santiago area?
i am sure a few users here can suggest somewhere or someone to talk to :)

Santiagoguy

Apr 21, 2009
Hey Mr.Mike ..you're hilarious...ppl like u r the reason I dont usually bother posting on sites like this. Seriously, u offered no help or insight into my issue, all u did was make a stupid comment out of the blue for a lil extra attn!!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Patricio knows someone who has a house for rent in Bella Vista for 5,000RD per month. I have a friend in Bella Vista and have caught the concho there several times and have not seen anything crazy but it has always been between the hours of 10am-1pm. Patricio says that it is not an upscale neighborhood of course and you might have a problem with noise at night, seeing as the majority of people that live there are poor. But if you would like PM me and I can give you his information so that he can show you the house. It is 2 stories but he did not tell me how many bedrooms.
Other than that, he says for that price the only thing that you could do is take care of someones house for them (someone out of the country) and they may pay you 2,000RD-3,000RD per month while you live there but at any time you could be in this predicament again, if they sell the house or even rent it out.
SHALENA

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Hey Mr.Mike ..you're hilarious...ppl like u r the reason I dont usually bother posting on sites like this. Seriously, u offered no help or insight into my issue, all u did was make a stupid comment out of the blue for a lil extra attn!!

Actually, I think I told you that 9,000 was the lowest price I'd seen on a rental property in Santiago recently and also if you think about my post for 30 seconds you would understand that to get into your price range you should start looking in areas where crack-heads are known to hang out. (Bella Vista, Pueblo Nuevo, Cienfuegos, etc.)

I'm sorry I don't have a 2,000 peso apartment for you but hey, I don't think anyone else does either.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Bellavista? good luck. I don't know about crack there but you will not have any hard time finding some cheap cueros who maybe hooked on crack.
hahahaha.
There is a good chance the person can find an apartment for 6K range in some far away undesired neighborhoods. No chance of finding anything decent in a good neighborhood under 9K (like Mr.mike mentioned). now if you don't mind living in monterico, cien fuego, bella vista or even buenos aires areas, you will certainly find something within your price range. BY the way, 2k / apartment has left the town on the last bus, a long time ago.
AZB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
In Los Llanos de Gurabo where I live, a friend was renting a 3bdr house (the bottom level) for RD6k but the rent went up to 8k last year - so decent prices in decent areas can be found.

As Shalena noted, contact Patricio and he will take care of you. If you don't speak Spanish well he uses a translator and communicates by email. He helped out another DR1'er this way and they are happy with his work.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Some guys have little clue as to what is the going (current) rates in santiago. A guy calls me from dr1. he wants to rent a huge house for his girlfriend in a good area with swimming pool and wants to pay like 10K pesos /month. I guess he thought we live in some dirt town in el salvador.
AZB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Some guys have little clue as to what is the going (current) rates in santiago. A guy calls me from dr1. he wants to rent a huge house for his girlfriend in a good area with swimming pool and wants to pay like 10K pesos /month. I guess he thought we live in some dirt town in el salvador.
AZB

Wazzup AZB!

Instead of ranting about how many guys date chopos and have no clue what it a nice house costs ... how about telling us what a top of the line 4 bedroom house in a posh neighborhood in Santiago costs with a pool, not a mansion, but something nice?

amigo,

tambo'

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Mine costs 20k with no pool. With a pool I would estimate that in Santiago there are never more than 2 or 3 properties on the rental market at a given time if that (I have rented 9 different homes in Santiago, so I've done my share of looking around and have only ever heard of one, and at more than 2,000 US it was WELL out of my price range - this was in 2001) and all will be trying to get more than 1k US monthly.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Wazzup AZB!

Instead of ranting about how many guys date chopos and have no clue what it a nice house costs ... how about telling us what a top of the line 4 bedroom house in a posh neighborhood in Santiago costs with a pool, not a mansion, but something nice?

amigo,

tambo'

I saw one that looked nice for 42,000RD per month but I am not prepared to go that high just yet!
It had 5 bedrooms, very nice kitchen (the kitchens here are too small!), a pool, and a jacuzzi that seats 7.
It was in La Loteria
SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Also, like I was telling Chip. Alot of times people get caught up in the name of an Urbanizacion because last week I looked at 2 houses in Llanos de Gurabo (upper class) and they were both to' up from the flo' up. They are capitalizing on the location, but I would never move my children to either one of those houses. The house I am in now is so much better than either one of those. Also, the same thing happened to me in Los Jardines, and the house was constructed all crazy....who wants to go through 2 bedrooms to get to another bedroom?!?
Personally, I would not live in Bella Vista but a young man looking for cheap accomadations it might be ok.
To each his own I say
The houses that I have liked have all been between 25,000RD-27,000RD. I still have not encountered any of theses "gems" that MrMike and AZB seem to know of for less than 25,000RD
SHALENA

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
i live in gurabo, right on the "border" to los llanos de gurabo and el dorado and pay 6,000 a month for a 3 br, 2 bath apt. there are a lot of apartments going up around here for about 7 a month.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Wazzup AZB!

amigo,

tambo'

Hey tambo, do you remember my house? where we went to swicht the minivan for the Toyota Camry.... The guy who bought that house from me now is renting for RD $ 9000. monthly.

JJ