Hotel near POP airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

edk0514

Mar 15, 2008
Is there a good hotel near puerto plata airport. I do not want to stay in Sosua. I would take something on the Malecon in Puerto Plata. Any advice would be welcomed . THANKS

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
I do not know what these places are called, but you get them everywhere in the DR, I see no reason why where you are should be different. You drive into a garage, the garage has a little room with bathroom attached. You pay some guy 500pesos and no body bothers you for the time you are there.
I have dropped a friend off in one that stank of wacky backy but I reckon in DR these are prostitute places also, but I suppose you can can stay there alone.
I've come across them in Africa before and they are good cheap head down places to stay. All you need if you want to get sleep.

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Is there a good hotel near puerto plata airport. I do not want to stay in Sosua. I would take something on the Malecon in Puerto Plata. Any advice would be welcomed . THANKS

The closest nice hotel to the airport is the Field of Dreams Inn across from the Playa Dorada complex. It's 12 minutes from the hotel to the airport.
On the Malecon in Puerto Plata is the Lormar hotel, it's about the center of the Malecon facing the ocean. Both cost about $40.00us per night.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The closest nice hotel to the airport is the Field of Dreams Inn across from the Playa Dorada complex. It's 12 minutes from the hotel to the airport.
On the Malecon in Puerto Plata is the Lormar hotel, it's about the center of the Malecon facing the ocean. Both cost about $40.00us per night.

The Field of Dreams Inn is now the Mustang Ranch operated by the strip club Cristal. This hotel comes with certain 'amenities' that could lead to many 'happy endings.' I don't think the OP had this type of hotel in mind.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The Field of Dreams Inn is now the Mustang Ranch operated by the strip club Cristal. This hotel comes with certain 'amenities' that could lead to many 'happy endings.' I don't think the OP had this type of hotel in mind.

The Mustang Ranch/Cristal folks are no longer involved with this establishment.

edk0514

Mar 15, 2008
Thanks to all of you !!!!!

We made reservations at the Lormar Hotel. Thank to everyone who responded !!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
It's called FOD, they have a website.

Ownership of the FOD Inn has reverted back to the original investment group after the Crystals/Mustang Ranch operation failed to make payments. Alberto (owner of Anoeca Investments) has hired a manager and reopened it. I guess he could call it anything he wants now, but since the Mustang Ranch management never took down the Field of Dreams sign on the highway, it was easiest just to go back to the old name.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.