My husband is Coming to Canada!!!!

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
Hi Everyone,

So my husband went for his interview this morning and he was APPROVED!!!!! I am so happy right now, I am smiling from ear to ear and I can't stop, even when I try!

So here is how it went he got called in by a very nice "french lady" as he puts it and she asked him about 10 questions and like 15 to 20 mins later he was done!!! She asked him how we met? Did my family approve of our relationship? Who in my family he had met? My phone number? What I do for work and if I would be able to support both of us if he couldn't get a job? She then said they have many issues with Dominicans only getting married to Canadians for visas, so why was our relationship real, what proof did he have that our relationship was real? the final question was if I deny this visa what will you do? My husband said we would keep trying until he was approved even if we had to apply 100 time, we would find a way to make it work and to be together so I would move to the dominican while we reapplied, then she said to him well I am happy to tell you that I have your solution, Congradulations you are approved to come to Canada. My hubby said thank you soooo much and thank god!

So know he has to redo his medicals, but he has to wait for her to mail him the forms next week so he can go and redo them, she told him once you redo the medicals came back to the embassy and drop off the slip from the medicals and your passport and once the medicals are reviewed we will issue the visa and then we will call you to come pick up your passport. She told him don't worry you will be starting off your summer in Canada with your wife! She also gave him back everything we had sent in to them as proof.

I am over the moon happy! Sorry we are over the moon happy! We can't wait to finally be able to start our new life together.

Hope to hear some more positive stories next week! I wish everyone who is still waiting for their interviews the best of luck and hope they will be as lucky as my husband. To everyone still in process good luck to all of you and I hope your processes won't be as long as ours has been, although it has been a long wait it has been worth all the the pain and suffering for the happiness we are feeling today! To those who have not been sucessful I wish you all in the best in your fight to appeal your decesions and I hope that the next time around you will find your happy endings!

Thank you to everyone for all of your support along the way!

Besos

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
congrats!!

what did your husband say when they asked about proof of relationship? did he present additional documents?

does it feel like all the stress has disappeared as though it was never there in the first place?

im so happy for you both!!
sangria

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Yaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Sandra!!! That is fantastic news!! Finally we hear something positive!! I am very happy for you both! I remember the feeling of not being able to stop smiling - it will last a while!! Enjoy it!!

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
Congratulations...I am just starting the immigration processes and of course hoping it goes quickly without any glitches...I am so happy for you

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Im ready to cry sweetie. Im glad it worked out for you two. congrads & lots of love. besos
boogirl

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
Congratulations Princesa Pineda

Wonderfull news and so happy to to hear it.

All the best to both of you in Canada, it's going to be a great summer

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
Thanks everyone!!!

Sangria they didn't ask for anything as far as more proof of relationship. I thought they would so papi took pics, letters we had written to eachother, phone cards/bills etc and she didn't ask for anything. Papi had to say to her I brought along pics and such did you want to see them and she said sure just the pics. Like I said before we got very lucky, the interview was short and sweet and the interviewer told my husband that she was very statisfied that we had a true and meaningful relationship and wished us all the best!

Yes it does feel like the stress has jsut disappeared and now we are just patiently waiting for his arrival!

Again thanks to everyone for all your support!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I dont think I have ever felt more stress than in 3 weeks before we came home. Then once we had the visa problem fixed we just felt free...like nothing bad had happened at all...what a great feeling! The immigration officer seemed so blahzay too....just wanted to let you know you are approved so send the passport and we will give you a visa (or 2 haha!). We didnt think it was real at first because the application process is so precise and stressful....we were waiting for something bigger to happen i think!

Thanks for answering the question..I asked for those who have their interviews next week.

Asking what proof he has that your relationship is real seems like a really difficult question...one that could make or break the interview...of course you will say because we love each other and my wife comes to visit me and we talk all the time and we have fun etc...but is that what they are looking for?

Have you started preparing your closets and dressers yet?!!! jaja

Sangria

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
I think an important question/answer in the interview seems to be "what will you do if I deny you this visa?"

"Give up" is obviously the wrong answer, and "keep trying" is the right one. I told Danny to say he would be heartbroken, but keep trying. Try to tug on the heart strings of this woman a little, lol!