Delta now charging $50 for second checked bag.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Delta is about to charge $50 for the 2nd bag in international flights after Jul. 1 flights when bought after April 22. I think this is the quickest way to destroy demand for their product in the Dominican market, since we love to travel with overloaded baggage all the time. Let's see how they will stand after they alienate half their customer base. Better than flying in AA though (hell even taking a yola is better than flying in that pig air-ferry that they call AA).

edm7583

May 29, 2007
They issued this same policy the same day they announced that they lost a staggering $794 million dollars in the first 3 months of 2009, the worst of all the US airlines. They are desperate for more revenue.

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
In first you can check 3 bags and 2 carry on bags
on AA 2 bags only so i will only fly Delta to pop

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was told that flying to/from JFK on delta as non-rev, we are allowed only 1 check-in suitcase. In my case (companion travel pass) I noticed I was allowed 2 check in suitcases to/from DR and even on domestic trips. Nice.
Viva delta.
AZB

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
They issued this same policy the same day they announced that they lost a staggering $794 million dollars in the first 3 months of 2009, the worst of all the US airlines. They are desperate for more revenue.
Yeah they spent all the $$$ on Northwest merge...painting Aircrafts, uniforms for Northwest employees .

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
Looks like the 2nd Bag Fee will be charged to passengers traveling to Europe, and they will leave the 2 Bags @ 50 LBS Allowance for the Caribbean and LATAM.

Europe-Economy Class (applicable for tickets purchased on or after May 23, 2009 for travel beginning July 1, 2009) First bag free; second bag, $50 Maximum 50 lbs (23 kg) and 62 linear inches (157 cm) (total length + width + height)

Latin America (South America, Central America, the Caribbean, Bahamas, and Mexico), the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Canada - Economy Class 2 checked bags Each bag at a maximum 50 lbs (23 kg) and 62 linear inches (157 cm) (total length + width + height)

Medallion and Worldperks Elite Members will continue receiving a 2 bags @ 70LBS allowance, and passengers traveling on business class 3 bags @ 70 LBS.
https://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/baggage/baggage_allowance/index.jsp

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Delta is about to charge $50 for the 2nd bag in international flights after Jul. 1 flights when bought after April 22. I think this is the quickest way to destroy demand for their product in the Dominican market, since we love to travel with overloaded baggage all the time. Let's see how they will stand after they alienate half their customer base. Better than flying in AA though (hell even taking a yola is better than flying in that pig air-ferry that they call AA).

You hate AA like that ? :cheeky:

edm7583

May 29, 2007
They have rescinded this policy!

This policy was very short lived. Now they will only charge $50 for the second bag for flights to and from Europe. (For the life of me I can't figure out their rationale behind that. They will be the only airline that does that on transatlantic flights) For flights to the Non-US Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America, Africa, and Asia, 2 free bags will still apply.