Where to spend time while in Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Patron

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Hi,

I'm going to the DR for a week and I was wondering what are the best clubs to visit while I'm in Sosua. Please when you provide your feedback, state if there is a covert charge and how much is it. By the way, I'm 24 years old.

Gracias

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
Hi El Patron,

although I do not know Sosua very well at all, I have spend a few days there a while back. By covert charge you obviously mean entrance fee into a club, yes? I can not remember such a thing on my visits to any clubs, although me were a large group and drank in VIP areas, and seemed to spend a considerable amount to clear any problems with that. You are aware of what the town is mainly about, yes? So obviously very little tends to be free. I seem to remember a guy asking me for 100pesos after I asked for directions to the pharmacy, 50 ft away it turned out.
I can't even remember any big clubs to be honest, it tended to be just small bars with lots of hookers and the beach was pretty much the same. Infact apart from the amazing women down there I don't think much else goes on in Sosua. I may be wrong and I apologise to any locals if you find that offensive of you town.
Bill.

El Patron

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Hi El Patron,

although I do not know Sosua very well at all, I have spend a few days there a while back. By covert charge you obviously mean entrance fee into a club, yes? I can not remember such a thing on my visits to any clubs, although me were a large group and drank in VIP areas, and seemed to spend a considerable amount to clear any problems with that. You are aware of what the town is mainly about, yes? So obviously very little tends to be free. I seem to remember a guy asking me for 100pesos after I asked for directions to the pharmacy, 50 ft away it turned out.
I can't even remember any big clubs to be honest, it tended to be just small bars with lots of hookers and the beach was pretty much the same. Infact apart from the amazing women down there I don't think much else goes on in Sosua. I may be wrong and I apologise to any locals if you find that offensive of you town.
Bill.

Thanks Bill for your reply. I see what you mean. I'm hoping to get to know the culture in Sosua and hopefully establish some good friendships. I know this is not the place to find love other than to kick it. Is there one particular spot that you would recommend?

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
The centre of town is quite small compared to what I had expected. The guys gave me the impression I was going to a mecca for single guys, in that respect it probably is up there with some of the better places visited when younger. I would rate it top 5 places for groups of guys going on a screwing vacation. I am a little older now and it doesn't appeal to me so much, but at 24 you should enjoy yourself. I would probably visit again for a day or two if I had some of the guys to party with, but like I say I can't be doing with ho's in my face all day, becomes more irritating than arousing after a day or two.
Unfortunately I haven't been sober in Sosua as I've only visited on a short spell basis. You shouldn't have any problem finding out what you want, it is surprisingly small and most of everything is on one street from what I remember or at least experienced. Sorry guy, I aint much help. Hopefully someone can inform you better than me.
Bill.

El Patron

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Los dos!

:glasses:

I'm sorry but I sure don't follow what you are implying. You must be an exception to the Gold membership. For, I would think that most Gold members in this site are knowledgeable and mature. If you don?t have anything smart to add to my original inquire, please do not post your incomprehensible comments or pictures.

A

apostropheman

Rule number 1 for having fun:

Grow a sense of humour! ;):bunny::bunny:
Well, thanks for the enormous fountain of information and you are a Gold member. Oh Brother!!!. :ninja:
The ability to spell and humbly realize you mistakes also helps! :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
I'm sorry but I sure don't follow what you are implying. You must be an exception to the Gold membership. For, I would think that most Gold members in this site are knowledgeable and mature. If you don’t have anything smart to add to my original inquire, please do not post your incomprehensible comments or pictures.
...humbly being operative :D

El Patron

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Grow a sense of humour! ;):bunny::bunny:The ability to spell and humbly realize you mistake also helps! :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

Ok, so I made a spelling mistake...now, can you provide me with some useful information on regards to what places I should check out in Sosua? If not, please just don't reply to my inquiry.

A

apostropheman

No,

Ok, so I made a spelling mistake...now, can you provide me with some useful information on regards to what places I should check out in Sosua? If not, please just don't reply to my inquiry.
...but I will also suggest that you make use of the search function. ;):bunny::bunny:

Instead of feeding the trolls I'll try and "teach them to fish"

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
But only the all-seeing mods with their sock detection devices really know for sure. :)

La Verdad

Jan 4, 2009
Patron:

Just ignore these mean people, go have a seat at Merengue Bar and I am sure you will find a novia within 15 minutes.

If you are butt ugly or extremely overweight, tape an RD1000 peso note to your forehead and you will have no problem finding companionship.

Now, if after 11:30PM & you still can't get your mojo, go upstairs to Classico's, you will have to pay an RD100 covert, but that entitles you to a national beverage of your choice with the tickee.

Make sure you have your electronic spellchecker on you, if caught mispelling late night in Sosua, the fine can be rather hefty.

L V

Reactions: FernieBee

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Things to Do in Sosua
1. Swim.
2. Eat chicharrones on the beach.
3. Get an ice cream at the little shop by the New Garden.
4. Play some baseball on the field by the ice cream shop.
5. Visit the Jewish Museum.
6. Have a beer at Rocky's, the Shark Bar, Brittania Pub, Siempre Sol, or many other places.
7. Make a kid's day by paying him for a shoeshine.
8. Sit along Pedro Clisante to people-watch.
9. Enjoy the weather.
10. Be thankful you get to be in Sosua.

Status
Not open for further replies.