Worst gay BARS

kobe04

Apr 28, 2009
On a recent trip I was told to be careful, but had no idea that i would really need to take this warning to heart. 1st bar i arrived at was Bar Friends , wasn't to bad at 1st but after a while became tired of hustlers and people asking for money. I had a bad experience but will leave it at that.

I think it was a monday and no bars were open and some others from out of town suggested " eukliptus" . WoW, what a great mistake. I am friendly and like to have a good time til someone takes it to far. Had a very scary moment, and the police were called whwre they didi step in help me out> what the sadest thing is I spent aroung $200 usdthat night buying everyone drinks. The owner is a snake and please do not trust him, he stole my phone and the charges ended up being $1000 usd. I know i could of been more careful, but at the same time these guys or mostly that low life scum the owner is a crook. Do not spend your money there!!!! I know this was a crusing bar and I can watch out for myself and i don't need to pay for those services. The owner made me feel hopeless for the first time ever cause of my experience in a new country and with a scum bag as himself. I enjoyed my time in santo domingo , but wish the locals would have more respect for us that don't speak the language . I chose DR and wanted to have a great time , but was burned out by all the people asking for money.I gave lots and understand where they are coming from. Hust wanted to say have fun while there, but have a heads up since i didn't to the locals, remember we are bringing our money there to spend in your country so be a little more friendly.. ps. to that bar owner at Eukliptus, KARMA IS A BITCH .. i DO WANNA SAY THANK YOU TO THE OTHER CO OWNER , THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. YOU WERE KIND AND NEED TO GET SOMEONE BETTER THAN THAT UGLY SCUM OF A PERSON......

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
one tip. Dont go those kinds of places solo.\!!!! IF you are a solo tourist it is assumed that you are looking for one thing if you go to a gay club. ANd if you are a tourist who doesnt speak the language then they have to act fast because they know you arent going to be in town long. if you are with a small group the hustlers tend to back off. I've gone to Jay D's & Cha with a couple of ex-pats friends and the boogies leave us alone (sorta).

Oh...and none of my gay (or at least bi) dominican friends will step foot in any of those places.

Oh..and dont be buying hustler guys all those drinks! WHen i go out in S.D. i dont bring too many pesos to a club or bar. I cry poor and say that all my pesos are back in boca chica.

My friend...ya just need to learn the ropes in S.D.

One last tip. Dont be giving out money to everyone who asks. I tend to give out some on my last day/night....but i dont people that i dont know when I am actually leaving.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
do you normally buy drinks for everyone in the bar at home ?

That is exactly what I was going to ask. If you frequenting a bar that is known for hustlers and you start throwing around money to the tune of two hundred USD in one night you are going to be VERY noticed and you will be targeted as a potential victim. When traveling to a foreign country you should be exercising the same precautions you would exercise at home. It is unfortunate that you did not have a good experience, however, you must take some responsibility for that. It's not simply that you don't speak Spanish. You would be surprised just how much English is understood.

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
Hi,
Sounds to me like you may have been rewarded with just delights. Throwing money around aint a good thing among people with little, even less if you are in a pick up joint.
learn and learn well is all I can say.
Thats not DR advice, that is advice in life.