Las Olas Condo #G3 Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRUK2007

Oct 4, 2007
LAS OLAS APARTMENT/CONDO G3, CABARETE
OWNER GREG WALES, MN
April 22nd, 2009
My wife and I rented this apartment/condo on good faith from Mr. Wales starting April 22, 2009. This apartment was offered as a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit for a 2 week rental, on arrival it was found that the ceiling fans were inoperable and one a/c unit in the second bedroom was also not working, there was no TV available, I have never seen a unit without a TV. Internet very poor and advertised as high speed. Refrigerator had not been cleaned from previous occupant, no need to go into details here but you can imagine. My wife immediately decided that this was not suitable accommodation and we left to find another condo unit and did so at BLUEFISH, only 2 minutes away.

The owners response, to the condition of the unit was; he felt that the unit was comfortable as is and the fans were not required, the a/c unit, why do you need a second functional a/c when there are only two people (note: temperature was 85 and the humidity in the mid 80's). regarding the TV the owner said it was not advertised,When I forwarded a second email Mr. Wales did not have the courtesy to respond, no comment on the refrigerator and his overall portrayal was "not his problem"

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
what he did not call the cops on you and have you picked up and demand all the money he is out
that seems how they roll in the DR
you got out lucky
who knows he could come and have you picked up at the new place or even get you at the airport

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
what he did not call the cops on you and have you picked up and demand all the money he is out
that seems how they roll in the DR
you got out lucky
who knows he could come and have you picked up at the new place or even get you at the airport

Oh c'mon, could that REALLY happen? In Cabarete?? Not with an ex-pat landlord. Ex-pat property owners are much too professional to engage in seedy tactics like this. ;)

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
really think about preacher man from Canada who has that small place he calls a hotel and went after the one guy like that Money makes people act crazzzzzzzy like this post i just did:)
sorry
i think all will be fine

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
really think about preacher man from Canada who has that small place he calls a hotel and went after the one guy like that Money makes people act crazzzzzzzy like this post i just did:)
sorry
i think all will be fine

Oh...that guy! I guess I stand corrected. If this landlord is a "pastor" I want a redo. I saw he was from Minnesota (which is where I am from) so I gave him a pass. I suspect if the original poster had seen the alternatives (like the "Trip Advisor 5 star rating" Blanca joint) he would have realized he had been in Nirvana.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Quite a few of us have met Greg Wales because he's been coming down here for years. I know nothing about the OP's complaint but I can absolutely assure you that Greg and the 'pastor' have nothing in common whatsoever. I'm not sure why the OP posted his complaint since he has not yet answered krwilson's question. But I have never heard of Greg having guests arrested and all the other stuff that went down in the case of the 'pastor'.

gemgirl

May 1, 2009
Can anyone recommend any condos to rent in Sosua for Jan 2010? One couple age 50 looking to try condo living out in DR instead of an all inclusive resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.