Playa Grande and Playa Dorada golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevil

Apr 28, 2009
I am visiting the Puerto Plata area in a few weeks and would like to play some golf. I have a couple of days free for golf and intend to play Playa Dorada, I have also been looking at Playa Grande. Can anyone give me some information on Playa Grande? Is it still open?

I am staying at a resort in Cofresi, how far is that away from Playa Grande? What are my transportation options? Do I need a handicap certificate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Before I make any offers re transportation etc I want to see the colour (size) of your handicap!:pirate:!:cheeky:! Anything below 10 & you are on your own!!:paranoid:!:surprised!!

YES Playa Grande is still open & should be for the rest of this year!
NO you don't need a handicap to play there.
If you can put up with a 'hacker' or two (16 on a very good day & 25 on a NOT so good day!!) then a couple of us may well be tempted down there whilst you are here. We'll talk transportation later when we know your exact location in Cofresi AND the dates you are here/want to play.

IF 'The Boss' will allow a third day of golf we could maybe also slide down to Santiago course & get the ancient Hillbilly out of his bed for a further treat for you! In the mean time, if you have not yet seen photos & course layout of these fine locations ........... visit the write up on golf courses listed on this forum! ~ Grahame.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Hola Reddevil,
Playa Grande (Pebble Beach of DR) is a must for all level of golfers here in the north. Also after May 1st. the summer rates are in. So PM me if you are also interested as we have several days that the lads of all handicaps enjoy just playing. We can chat later about the transport as we leave very early in the AM. I also think you will be able to see a bit of the country going east, travel time about 2 hours from your place to PG. As Hillbilly said, Santiago & PD is also a great option,and no handicap cards are needed at any of the courses here in the north, they just need players!

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
How bout u Carolina Guy

How about you Carolina Guy, are you from Carolina by any chance? Used to go down to Myrtle Beach twice a year at the very least every year for about 10 straight, had some great times down there. Long before I ever considered coming down to DR.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Only for those who mix up BushBaby with Hillbilly.........:cheeky:

I believe I am referenced as 'The Boss' above: third day no problem, here in writing, for all to witness ;)

YOU M'Dear are referenced as 'She who must be OBEYED'!:ermm:! On this occasion I was suggesting Reddevil might have a controlling influence here on holiday with him:cheeky:! However, thanks for the 'written permission' to be 'Off Scrubbers Duties' for a third day - How much will it cost me?:tired:? ~ Grahame.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Only for those who mix up BushBaby with Hillbilly.........:cheeky:

I believe I am referenced as 'The Boss' above: third day no problem, here in writing, for all to witness ;)

Hillbilly you certainly have one of the best! I had a Boss once and the last time I asked for a third day of golf, she told me to take all the days I wanted:surprised! Adi?s!;)

reddevil

Apr 28, 2009
Hi, thanks for the replies.

I don't have a handicap, I would expect to play to single figures, but i am happy to play with anyone. I am staying in sun village, cofresi, Is that two hours drive each way? What sort of cost is that for transfers?

The Boss would not be happy if I played three times, we are only in the DR for five days to attend a wedding. The days i have free are May 14th and May 17th.

I am a Manchester United fan, on a different note, what are my chances of finding the football live on TV over there? I believe Utd play Arsenal on the 16th.

Thank you.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
hey if you can count me in on the 15 and or 17 i will go....bushbaby, i dont have any family, clients, friends, etc here anymore till the fall so im pretty freed up now....so lets go golf....playa grande as my clubs (or somewhat of an excuse for clubs) are there
hammerdown
ps from sabaneta and have transport if needed

Carolina Guy

Feb 26, 2009
How about you Carolina Guy, are you from Carolina by any chance? Used to go down to Myrtle Beach twice a year at the very least every year for about 10 straight, had some great times down there. Long before I ever considered coming down to DR.

live 2 hrs from MB. was just there three weeks ago. had a blast as usual. playing golf,smoking cigars and drinking ice cold beer! "love those Myrtle Beach days!"

heading to the DR in less than three weeks!!!

Carolina Guy

Feb 26, 2009
Hi, thanks for the replies.

I don't have a handicap, I would expect to play to single figures, but i am happy to play with anyone. I am staying in sun village, cofresi, Is that two hours drive each way? What sort of cost is that for transfers?

The Boss would not be happy if I played three times, we are only in the DR for five days to attend a wedding. The days i have free are May 14th and May 17th.

I am a Manchester United fan, on a different note, what are my chances of finding the football live on TV over there? I believe Utd play Arsenal on the 16th.

Thank you.

Man U fan, myself. 1-0 this afternoon/night with O'Shea's 8 yarder. hopefully we will see a rematch of the epic match from last years final with Chelsea coming out of the other semi-final. here we come May 19th ...

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Following previous golf trips of this nature I have found myself somewhat P...., ......... Upset when people who asked to play decided at last minute to bow out or even just did not turn up as they had promised to - as a result I vowed not to take responsibility for organising any further 'multiple get together's'!

I am prepared to co-ordinate with reddevil (even though he is a Man. U. fan :surprised) & at the moment that looks like 14th May at Playa Dorada & 17th down at Playa Grande. If anyone else wants to join in on this please indicate below so I know who to look out for at the above venues & on the dates mentioned.

Copy paste the following & INCLUDE YOUR NAME/LOCATION if you WILL be there:-

Grahame - Puerto Plata for Thursday 14th (Playa Dorada) & Sunday 17th Playa Grande
reddevil - Cofresi for May 14th and May 17th (transportation to be confirmed)

hammerdown?
JDJones?
apostropheman? (or were you just bragging about the high score trophies??)

Any other serious contenders?? ~ Grahame.

reddevil

Apr 28, 2009
sorry bushbaby, I have a game arranged for playa dorada on the 15th with some of my fiancee's friends, I realise now that i didn't make that clear, I did not mean to mislead.

I would very much like to join you for a game at playa grande, on either the 14th or 17th, which ever suits you best.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
may 17 is good for me....count me in....
let me know about travel arrangements
hammerdown
ph oh yea playa grande

A

apostropheman

Following previous golf trips of this nature I have found myself somewhat P...., ......... Upset when people who asked to play decided at last minute to bow out or even just did not turn up as they had promised to - as a result I vowed not to take responsibility for organising any further 'multiple get together's'!

I am prepared to co-ordinate with reddevil (even though he is a Man. U. fan :surprised) & at the moment that looks like 14th May at Playa Dorada & 17th down at Playa Grande. If anyone else wants to join in on this please indicate below so I know who to look out for at the above venues & on the dates mentioned.

Copy paste the following & INCLUDE YOUR NAME/LOCATION if you WILL be there:-

Grahame - Puerto Plata for Thursday 14th (Playa Dorada) & Sunday 17th Playa Grande
reddevil - Cofresi for May 14th and May 17th (transportation to be confirmed)

hammerdown?
JDJones?
apostropheman? (or were you just bragging about the high score trophies??)

Any other serious contenders?? ~ Grahame.
Alas I can't make it nor am I qualified to even carry you clubs, Grahame...although I do like my yearly visits to the local course but I'm afraid I do more damage than the green fees cover. :D:bunny::bunny:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I am happy to play Playa Dorada on 14th (or 15th if you don't mind me gatecrashing your present arrangements) &/or Playa Grande on Sunday 17th May. I believe (from another thread) Carolina Guy is available on the 17th also, maybe we could make it a 3 or 4 ball at Playa Grande on the 17th?

Once it is all agreed & you are in the country we can chat by PM or telephone to see what transportation is best for the trip. ~ Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.