What is the difference between Claro Postpago plan and Claro Control plan?

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
What is the difference between Claro Postpago plan and Claro Control plan? The only difference I can see is that there is some kind of credit check with the postpago plan but I only have a US passport. I need free unlimted minutes from 7pm at night till 7am in the morning like my Sprint plan here in the US. And I need free unlimited minutes on the weekends from Friday night after 7pm till 7am Monday morning. I hear that Viva service is poor on the north coast. And when I was in Santo Domingo, I never could get my voice mail to work correctly even after the representative at Orange said it was working. Orange really let me down with not having voice mail that worked.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
What is the difference between Claro Postpago plan and Claro Control plan? The only difference I can see is that there is some kind of credit check with the postpago plan but I only have a US passport. I need free unlimted minutes from 7pm at night till 7am in the morning like my Sprint plan here in the US. And I need free unlimited minutes on the weekends from Friday night after 7pm till 7am Monday morning. I hear that Viva service is poor on the north coast. And when I was in Santo Domingo, I never could get my voice mail to work correctly even after the representative at Orange said it was working. Orange really let me down with not having voice mail that worked.

postpago is a contract,for certain amt of mnts a month,over that you pay extra for mnts.....control is a contract for certain amt of mnts,but when you exceed,you need to buy a card for more time...a passport if fine...it may take a day or two for credit check...
bob

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
and those 1 pesos per minutes is when you call to another claro phone.
there is not free unlimited minutes plan in DR.
I had a feeling there are no free unlimited plans in the DR. Does Claro or Viva have the best cost per minutes in Santo Domingo? Viva appear to have better phones and better sales people/presentation/booths than Claro in Santo Domingo.