POP Departure fees / fines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vix

Mar 23, 2008
I've heard there is a new board up at POP displaying the fees for overstaying your visa.

I've also heard that the prices displayed are a huge increase on the old prices. Has anyone seen this, or know what the new prices are?

Vix

Mar 23, 2008
Yeah I looked at that site, was just wondering if they were the OFFICIAL prices? Is that the official immigration site or just a company who helps people to fill in the forms etc?

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Yeah I looked at that site, was just wondering if they were the OFFICIAL prices? Is that the official immigration site or just a company who helps people to fill in the forms etc?

I don't know who runs the website, but those are the fees imposed when exiting.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
gov.do would indicate that its official ...not a bad price for breaking the law, I dont think most other countries would be so accommodating

Vix

Mar 23, 2008
It's great if those are still the prices. Somebody told me it was close to US$250 for staying over 3 months . . .

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If 'somebody' paid US$250 then 'somebody' got taken. Those are the official fees from Migracion dept. Print out the sheet & take it with you. And don't believe everything some or any body tells you. Have your correct money ready, a friendly smile on your face and nothing wet behind the ears. :)

Jan 17, 2009
Those prices are good. I paid RD$1,000 for overstaying three and half months (twice as much as I did last year for three months); my friend paid RD$800 for overstaying just 2 days! It won't break your bank account but they did go up substantially.

Jan 17, 2009
Sorry, one thing to keep in mind, bring PESOS. I specifically asked about their exchange rate and they're still using RD$30 to the dollar. Sure, it doesn't matter much for the smaller fines, but for the higher ones....

Status
Not open for further replies.