First Test Post

defcon14

Jan 1, 2002
How to find a business partner

I own a 70' cargo vessel and I export fresh fruits and vegitables from Puerto Plata to Provo, Caicos Islands and some of the southern Bahama islands. i have 2 companies; Fruta y Vegitales del Atlantico C por A and Agencia Maritimo del Atlantico C por A.
I also have a wharehouse in Jarabacoa/Constanza where I prepare the produce for shipment. I would like to know how I could go about raising money to purchase three trucks to transport the produce from the Cibao to puerto Plata and well as secure some operating capitol.

Loren

Jan 1, 2002
Land acquisition

What is the process for acquiring state owned rural unoccupied lands from the government for agricultural purposes?

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Defcon14 Question

Your operation is very interesting. I can't offer finance but was interested to know if you are interested in exporting ornamental plants or cut flowers.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Financing, Gov't Properties

Raising capital for a business in the D.R. is normally done by either getting a partner or getting a loan from a bank. Banks have been very aggresive in the last couple of years in lending for vehicle purchases. However, interest rates are very high (20% +) compared to North American standards.

The State Sugar Council (CEA) has been known to lease unused property to agricultural entrepreneurs. If interested, contact me directly at info@drlawyer.com

Last edited: