Looking for Car Rental Company near AZS Airport Samana Aiport

SeanKann

May 6, 2009
Flying into Samana Airport next month to goto Puerto Plata. Due to price going into Puerto Plata it's cheaper to fly into Samana.

Save around $400 per person.

I can't seem to find any Car Rental companies at the airport other then EuroCar. Is there any other Car Rental companies at this airport?

I want to rent a car from there and drop it off there. Flying round trip to Samana but staying in Puerto Plata.

TIA.

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
There are no others. Unless they were put in during the last three months. I had not heard that Eurocar had been put in either though. It's about time that one went in.

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
I can't seem to find any Car Rental companies at the airport other then EuroCar. Is there any other Car Rental companies at this airport?

Hi,

AZS is a small provincial airport in the middle of nowhere with nothing mentionable around.

I came back from Samana 3 weeks ago and I can?t remember any car rental station at all inside the airport. In the genaral area there are only the check-in counters, no shops, no money exchange, really nothing. In the departure area you find a dutyfree shop and a snackbar. Perhaps there?s a car rental in the arrival zone and it was closed, when we arrived at 7pm, but I don?t think so.

The adress: CARRETERA NAGUA SAMANA EL CATEY
SANCHEZ SAMANA (a "carretera" are crossing streets) sounds like the Europcar-station to be situated outside the airport area.

Best wishes from Germany

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
EuropCar is there. I have lost the info but there was a small sign with a contact name and number at the counter.

I think the Avis and Hertz people have left.

Good luck