Abortion pill available in DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf001

Feb 29, 2008
Based on the answers to the 'abortion' thread, it is safe to assume that also the so called abortion pill (i.e. RU486-Mifeprex) will not be available in DR?
Will they confiscate it if you bring it in from the US?
Home pregnancy tests though should be available in DR?
Thank you.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Based on the answers to the 'abortion' thread, it is safe to assume that also the so called abortion pill (i.e. RU486-Mifeprex) will not be available in DR?
Thank you.

Who is pregnant?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
dont know for sure

Thank you.

dont know about now but used to be. could get it from most pharmacys, can still get the morning after pill.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
morning after pill

i know someone who just bought one a couple of weeks ago at a pharmacy in puerto plata so yes it is available

graywolf001

Feb 29, 2008
I'm not referring to the morning after pill (i.e. 'plan B'), but to a bonafide abortion pill for pregnancies of less than 8 weeks.
if abortion is illegal, this must be illegal, too.
or maybe you can get it by paying off a pharmacist?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ru 486 is not available.
some over the counter medicine will induce abortion and is sold in most farmacias. it may, however, cause heavy bleeding and contractions and if your gf takes them make sure she can get immediate medical assistance if needed.

Carolina Guy

Feb 26, 2009
I guess the guy is looking to come from another country and score an abortion or an abortion pill b/c his daughter's boyfirend got one "past the goalie!"

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
ru 486 is not available.
some over the counter medicine will induce abortion and is sold in most farmacias. it may, however, cause heavy bleeding and contractions and if your gf takes them make sure she can get immediate medical assistance if needed.
This is true.
I urge you to NOT have her use this medicine. I will not even name it here. It is far too dangerous in the hands of people who have no medical knowledge. This medicine can cause Uterine rupture (which can result in death), hemorrhage (which can result in death), retained placental products (which can result in hemorrhage, shock, and death), Uterine perforation (which can result in death), and amniotic fluid embolism (which can result in death).
Do you get the theme here?

I had a patient Saturday that had retained placental products (not from use of this medicine). But retained placental product is fairly common with use of the medicine mentioned. Anyway, within 30 minutes she was hemorrhaging, with a BP of 60/40...going into shock. We had to take her to the OR to remove the retained product manually and give her 2 units of Red Blood Cells. She had lost a liter and a half of blood. Afterwards in charting, the time that it took us to get her to the OR and stabilize her (save her life) was less than 7 minutes...I do not think that your girlfriend or loved one would get such quick attention here in the DR.
SHALENA

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the medicine i am talking about is very popular in DR. it is sold every day. i do not think complications happen often but the side effects can surely kill.
just like many other home abortion methods used...

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
the medicine i am talking about is very popular in DR. it is sold every day. i do not think complications happen often but the side effects can surely kill.
just like many other home abortion methods used...
Just because it is popular and sold everyday does not mean that it is safe. And I think that complications happen more than we know because some Doctors here may contribute the complications or death to something else.
Buyer beware.
SHALENA

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009
i dunno if this medicine ur talking about is in a pill form but yea there is some kind of medicine available in some pharmacies..prescription not needed....(i think its like 2 or 3 pills together that they give u )

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Shalena:
Thanks for your professional advice.
Your very welcome...I have been (and still am) a womens' health Nurse for 9 years and although I believe that women have a right to do whatever they feel with their bodies, all women and men should be well informed of the consequences.
I hope that todo salga bien with you and your loved one.
SHALENA

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
A combination of 2 or 3 drugs available at most (not all) pharmacies can be had, I know a friend of my girlfriend took this combo after becoming pregnant and was very unwell for 3 weeks and unwell in total for 5 weeks after which she had to return to Haiti as she went nuts, literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.